DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone does not reconnect after the connection is lost

alfaholic

Reactions
Two weeks ago I was on a vacation 2000 km away, flew Air 2 and lost connection with the drone 3 or 4 times as there were some interference, nothing out of the ordinary.
Fifth time it disconnected and never connected back to the controller. The aircraft returned normally and landed, however it did not reconnect with the controller until I restarted it.

I returned home few days ago and today I flew the drone again and the same happened. The aircraft lost the connection with the controller 2 or 3 times, and fourth time it disconnected and did not reconnect even after returned to home and landed. I held it in my hand but the connection did not return until I restarted the aircraft.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
It might be that someone was jamming the signal, the drone lost link with the controller, but as the frequency was jammed, it couldn't re-connect back.
I never saw such an occurrence, but it might be possible.
Please upload logs for further inspection.

Two weeks ago I was on a vacation 2000 km away, flew Air 2 and lost connection with the drone 3 or 4 times as there were some interference, nothing out of the ordinary.
Fifth time it disconnected and never connected back to the controller. The aircraft returned normally and landed, however it did not reconnect with the controller until I restarted it.

I returned home few days ago and today I flew the drone again and the same happened. The aircraft lost the connection with the controller 2 or 3 times, and fourth time it disconnected and did not reconnect even after returned to home and landed. I held it in my hand but the connection did not return until I restarted the aircraft.

Any ideas?
I know this is old news now but... same thing happened to me. Lost connection and drone came back on its own. In my case, I had a bad cable connecting my controller to my phone. New cable, all great! (the connector on the cable had worn out and gotten too loose or something.) Since, I have higher quality connector cables, lightning cables, and all has been perfect.

I know this is old news now but... same thing happened to me. Lost connection and drone came back on its own. In my case, I had a bad cable connecting my controller to my phone. New cable, all great! (the connector on the cable had worn out and gotten too loose or something.) Since, I have higher quality connector cables, lightning cables, and all has been perfect.
As far as I know, a phone disconnecting from the controller should not, alone, trigger an RTH.

If the drone did RTH then either
1) you pressed the RTH button on the controller or
2) the battery charge got low enough to trigger the low battery RTH or
3) the controller also disconnected from the drone and the "failsafe" option is set to "RTH".

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motiongraphics50