DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Drowning and Care Refresh

mcguy75

Reactions
Just a little ongoing story about my experience with care refresh and some videos that I hope others may enjoy/laugh at. So there I was.......
It was Thank-giving day and I was out getting some great footage and just enjoying the day. I was listing to some drone U audio about not being scared to take risk and sometimes thats what it takes to get those great shots. Well knowing I had Care Refresh I was more comfortable with losing the drone as long as it is not a fly away. I fly Litchi as I fly with a S7 edge and the DJI app is miserable on it. Watch the First Video for the rest of the story for that day.

Needless to say I got on the DJI Care Refresh Website and was happy to see that it was painless and had me brimming with confidence that I would be flying again within 2 weeks. I chose "express" this allows them to replace the drone without looking at it in good faith that the new one is in good working order. This is suppose to allow a 2 week turn around time as opposed to an unknown time frame. During this process I debated on if I should have them replace the battery as well. I had placed the battery and drone in a rice bag to assist in the drying process. After the drying process I checked out the drone and all seemed to be in fairly good working order minus a few errors. (They escape me at this point) But I figured why risk a $1200 Drone on a Battery? So I packed the drone and the battery as required in the original box and sent it on its way. The "2" day shipping somehow turned into 3-4 days. Fast forward two weeks I get a replacement in the mail, WITHOUT the battery!!!!! Luckly I had a second battery to test out the newly arrived "Reckless Robin II" Below is the video that was getting produced by it. Yep the famous Jelly. I tried to reload firmware 2 times via both app and assistant, nothing helped. So, nearly a month later and I am still waiting for a Battery that was promised to be shipped anywhere between 2-3 weeks. Yeah, 2-3 weeks for a battery!!!!
And I am waiting for DJI to evaluate the drone that I turned in for a jelly gimbal. I can not say that I am not at all happy with the service.

Anyways thanks for tha rant and hope we can all have fun watching the mistakes that we all make.

Happy NEW YEAR Everyone!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett