DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone flying for UK visitors

Ian_Holmes

Reactions
I’m off back to the UK to visit at the start of September and I thought it might be fun to take my drone back to some childhood haunts. Namely the Lincolnshire coast (steering clear of the RAF bombing ranges) and the Wolds. I’ve checked the CAA website and the website “dronesafe” and it seems like new regulations don’t come into effect until November so I’m in the clear to not register my drone while I’m there. Is this correct? Much of the information at dronesafe seems to be common sense and much in the same vein as the US.

Latest info seems to be that the UK's registration scheme will go live in September and be mandatory by the end of November, so you're good to go. Note that we now have much expanded NFZs, especially around airfields, so I'd recommend getting a suitable app or checking online before you fly.

Still no information on what will be required of foreign pilots after the system is live though.

Reactions: Ian_Holmes
NATs Drone Assist is currently the only app that has the correct no fly zone and restrictions on it.
DJI Geo, Airmap and others dont even have all the airfields listed and for those that are, the areas off limits are wrong by significant amounts.

Reactions: Ian_Holmes
Good information.Thank you. I have downloaded the app. There’s a lot of information on that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11