DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone following tornado

Moore, OK Tornado F5; Listen at 23:06 to the pilot

Here's a tornado that would suck in any kind of UAV.

I remember the helicopter that was flying around the Moore, OK tornado on May 20, 2013 (Category 5). At 23:06 the weatherman asks the helicopter pilot if he can push in. The pilot replies "No, no, no, I'm about a mile from it right now. We're pushed in as high as we can... This thing is sucking us in at 47 - 50 mph and we're holding hover..."

Yikes!

remotepilot

Reactions: Former Member
I wonder what kind of drone was used and why it did not get blown away? Amazing!

Reactions: DickHF
This is INCREDIBLE-
Im Curious as to what winds the drone was Experiencing-

Iv NEVER see n a TORNADO-
In south AFrica - that would be called a WhirlWind-

It didnt look too big - ...
On the road its funnel was Only about Half the road width71295

Last edited:
This is INCREDIBLE-
Im Curious as to what winds the drone was Experiencing-

Iv NEVER see n a TORNADO-
In south AFrica - that would be called a WhirlWind-

It didnt look too big - ...
On the road its funnel was Only about Half the road width

Ive seen many and they are fascinating and terrifying.. There was a tornado 1 mile from my house last week. 5am the tornado sirens were blasting, and that means only 1 thing. Hope your house isnt next!

I fear tornadoes more than hurricanes. Hurricanes are slower, and most times have a more predictable path. Tornadoes touch down, then lift up again, and their destruction is random. The house next door could be leveled, but your house could be untouched. Random scares me more than predictable.

Ive seen many and they are fascinating and terrifying.. There was a tornado 1 mile from my house last week. 5am the tornado sirens were blasting, and that means only 1 thing. Hope your house isnt next!

I fear tornadoes more than hurricanes. Hurricanes are slower, and most times have a more predictable path. Tornadoes touch down, then lift up again, and their destruction is random. The house next door could be leveled, but your house could be untouched. Random scares me more than predictable.
WOW - that seems terrifying....

Iv often wondered why there are WOODEN structures Built in known tornado paths - Not Brick -

- In South Africa - on the HighVeld (6000ft agl) where we live - ... we regularly have Incredible Lightening storms -
- I mean freakishly SCARY - ...
On the Mountain where we live - with about 15 other houses - theres a 200ft RADIO Mast thats BOLTED INTO THE BEDROCK - of the Mountain.
It attracts virtually every Lightening storm - and is regularly hit.
Thunderdrones (this should interest you) - when Hit the Lightening dissipates into the Bedrock and UP THE EARTH LEAKAGE systems of all the Houses-... Like a REVERSE electricity Potential Difference.
That's when Gate Buzzers, alarms and finicky electronics go haywire and are trashed - ...
There's a Special insurance premium for this Mountain on the Highveld (johannesburg) - because its hit so often - and theres so many claims...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captain_Rick