DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone found in Naples FL 01.01.19

RodBax

Reactions
I found a Mavic pro drone washed up on the beach in Naples Florida today. I’m looking for its owner. I have the model and serial number.

Pop the Micro SD card and dry it out. Then place in a card reader and view to determine if there are any clues to the persons location. Like a backyard photo. If there is that sort of photo use an Exif viewer on the picture to determine the exact GPS Latitude and Longitude that the photo was taken at.

Then use those coordinates with Google Earth to determine what area that photo was taken in and perhaps even a street address.

Reactions: RJ111
For all flyers, a good idea is to have a 11.5 x 8 inch card made up with your name, address and phone number and make that your first photo on your drone's SD card, as it hovers just after take off, that way anyone finding it will have all the info they need to return it to you. If you wish, you could also add on that card, reward if found and returned. Just hold it up and take a photo of yourself.

Last edited:

Ahh but some finders may not know to go to embedded info files to check. Whereby a simple photo as the first image to pop up with all the info on plus a photo of the real owner, might be a simpler way to go in order to help out a finder. Either way works though, but you need to have something on there to help a finder. A sticker may wear off over time if it is in the elements or water for an extended period.

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest