DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Gloves

I ride either a road bike or a hybrid nearly every day and I've used these gloves. Unfortunately, the zippers don't last and fail before too long. This happened with two pair of these gloves and while they're still usable for cycling (or droning,) the quality wasn't what I had hoped.

I just use a pair of Nike running gloves that have the touch screen fingertips on .

I use pair of fingerless gloves like these,
s-l300.jpg

And underneath a pair of black nitrile gloves.
uniglove-commercial-powder-free-black-nitrile-gloves_57923.jpg

The fingerless gloves keep your hands warm and the nitrile ones stop your fingers getting cold with wind chill.

Works great for me, gives you good dexterity and feedback from sticks and the nitrile gloves work with touch screen.

Any new advice on gloves? I know a lot of you are flying in very cold regions.

Being able to use my fingers is something I always struggle with in Maine winters. The best solution I've found so far is the Toaster mitten from SWANY. WOMENS, TOASTER - Swany America Corp. It has a zipper which I've always assumed was meant for inserting a chemical hand-warming pad, but I will unzip the zipper and stick my hand out thru the opening, which means I don't lose the outer mitten. It's not perfect and I'm open to better, if better exists. Anyone?

I bought a pair and they work well.
Not good enough for serious cold (below 20° F or -7°C), but good at temps above that and certainly better than nothing when it's colder.
While the screen touch response only works about 75-85% of the time for me, it's still enough to make it effective in use.
Thumbswayup

I tried to get out this week in this serious cold and it was miserable. :(

In the brutal cold his past week in Boston, I would definitely fly only from inside the car, with the heat on.
It's just not fun when it's below 0° F and not worth it freezing my butt....

Reactions: MicheleStapleton
I can keep my butt warm. It's those frozen fingers that cut the shooting short for me.

In the brutal cold his past week in Boston, I would definitely fly only from inside the car, with the heat on.
It's just not fun when it's below 0° F and not worth it freezing my butt....

Can you actually fly from a car?

FWIW, if you're in the US, look here for the item in the video. (The video is Amazon UK, not accessible from the US.) https://www.amazon.com/DREAMY-Winte...id=1515373045&sr=8-1&keywords=winds+gloves+bf

When flying in this crazy cold I stay in the vehicle. Gloves are hard to fly with for me. Although a thin pair that work with touch screens would be nice. I live in ma just below Nashua nh. I’ve flown down to -5deg. I was out today while it was 14deg no gloves. After each battery I sat in the truck and warmed up.

Can you actually fly from a car?

I do it all the time. I live in north ma. Much warmer in the car. I think you lose a little range though. But if I see my signal gettting low I hop out and fly closer. Also in th car you can hide your screen from the sun easier.

Reactions: youngie123
I live about ten miles from the LLBean Flagship store, so today I dropped in at their Bike/Ski shop to look at gloves. I tried several pairs with my iPhone to see which pair best let me make selections on the touchscreen through the gloves. Picked up these: Craft Brilliant 2.0 Thermal Gloves » Sportshop.com That little bit of extra stitching in the finger seemed to make pressing keys the easiest/most responsive. Plus, I loved how bright there are. If I take one off and drop it, should be easy to spot it from a distance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61