DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

drone hack mini boost

Lip9571

Reactions
hi all I've got the fcc mavic mini in the UK so it drops down to ce power normally I use the fake GPS and get fcc that way.

Today I thought I'd try the drone hacks mavic mini boost hack.

If anyone out there has the same do you just use the boost can connect like normal or do you use the boost hack and the GPS fake hack take off and then connect.

I'm still trying to understand this

For the Mavic Mini Boost mode, there are no specific mW values, this will boost your Remote Controller output to the maximum possible for your specific hardware. Due to regional hardware differences in place on the Mavic Mini by DJI, the results for maximum boost mode mW transmission power will be different on CE and FCC models. However: Tests showed that boost mode on the mavic mini will currently NOT give you as much power as if you use fakeGPS before every flight, we are working hard to see if it is possible to reach the same power levels persistent without the fakeGPS trick.

Does its mean a fcc controller in a ce country will get the full ce country power plus a boost
Or will the boost give the fcc power even when set to a ce country.

an FCC MM in the non-FCC country:
with a drone-hacks "boost" got picture freezes and no range increase.
fake GPS does the job.

I don't have to run the fake gps everytime i fly. I have done once the FCC hack, then i did the Boost hack for the RC and now everytime i have 11 channels at 2.4

You have to restore the RC to the original firmware before you do the FCC hack, then run the hack from drone-hacks and that's it. Even if i update the app at the latest version i have the FCC ON.

Boosting the RC or fakeGPS hack in CE MM will not do anything. Don't loose your time.
After some testing the results are better with rc booster. Smoother video transmission at around 3.5km I don't have that without the rc booster.

Whats happen when the eu MM is faked in FCC Mode (Archiv this in Litchi and with GPS Faker) and you push return to home? Where the Homepoint?

I have FCC mavic mini (bought from Australian website and shipped from HK to the UK). I expected I would be sent a CE model but guess I got lucky as the FCC model has a more capable RF module in the Tx. I use the Drone-Hacks boost mode and with a cheap parabolic antenna mod from eBay I get about 3km max range in rural areas. Before the drone hacks mod I’d be lucky to get 500m as the FCC model clearly reduces RF power in CE regions. Some other youtube vids would suggest that Boost mode does not actually give you the same power output as FCC version in FCC region so Fake GPS should give you better range (regardless of Drone-Hacks being used or not). I think Drone-Hacks have more work to do on this. I’d like to get the 4km advertised without antenna mods so I can be sure of a stable connection when flying closer around obstacles and at lower altitude in urban areas.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent