DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Hater in Vancouver

drone_video

Reactions
This guy managed to capture some drone hater, on video... worth checking out as it was handled very well!

What do you think about this drone hater? have you run into people like him?

Reactions: dalawre2
Not yet but I know I will. Be nice to find someone local willing to act as a spotter. I've had it in the past, guy hated Walkmans on a train once, now we all have them, just known as phones. Another time I eyed up a photo whilst waiting for some big burly bloke to move out of the way, next thing I know is he accuses me of taking photos of him, demanding the camera be handed over to him. Usually just little people seeking an ego boost. Let them have their rant, in my experience there's no talking to them because all they want to do is mouth off, they don't do listening.

This guy managed to capture some drone hater, on video... worth checking out as it was handled very well!

What do you think about this drone hater? have you run into people like him?

I haven't run into a hater yet but I'm looking forward to it.

Lol.. The other day I flew out to check out a road that flooded with the spring run off. I was 43 meters off the ground flying straight south. A flock of Canadian geese crossed in front of me at about 20 meters lower altitude about 100 meters ahead of me. I kept flying strait south full stick in positioning mode. All of a sudden I see bird shadows on the water below me. Then I got Canadian geese buzzing the drone. They actually gained the altitude changed direction to come and Buzz me. Oh ya! wild life is just terrified of the drone. Only one that almost had a heart attack is me when I had geese in the camera. over water. I avoid all animals but wild life isn't scared of the drone. Ducks geese barn swallows are what I have accidentally encountered so far and they are curious. It's not them running away from me. It's me trying to get away from them.

Government and media are just cracking down on drones and spreading lies and paranoia since the cameras on affordable drones now can compete with commercial quality. That is all it is. Used to be citizens were free and government and commerce were restricted. Now citizens are restricted and banned for safety reasons so commerce can be permitted to fly in areas I am banned from. You can't fly your hobby drone to get video or photos in a National park, but, hey hey hey grab your DSLR and your wallet and you can jump on a commercial chopper for a scheduled tour. Stop by the booth and buy a post card. Look at the proposed Canadian laws besides all the area bans already in place. To fly by Mavic purely as a hobby. I can't fly anywhere near people, animals, cars, boats, buildings. I have to fly VLOS and can not fly more than 500M distance from my location with a 90 meter max altitude. Then they demand I have $100,000 liability insurance. Lol.. why insurance when I can't legally fly anywhere near anything worth money I could possibly damage? It's basically destroying the hobby drone market for all drones greater than 250 grams (1/2 pound). The new laws want to ban me from flying my drone within a kilometer of any built up area. That's towns lakefronts any kind of built up area. SO basically in Canada without a business or commercial purpose The hobbyist can legally go out in the country and video a field. Well unless folks start getting and posting the no drone zone signs the government is offering. We citizens have no control of the airspace over our property unless we don't want drones in it. These laws will pass because both pilots and commercial drones want their photo and video industry protected. this is easily sold as safety and protection to the ignorant public.

Reactions: MurMan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ