DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone heading expressed in azimuth degrees in DJI Fly App

nicdain

Reactions
Hi, I searched for this topic but I found no results: I own a Mini 2 and I was wondering if it is possible to have displayed in the DJI Fly app the heading direction expressed as azimuth degrees in real time. I have seen that it is possible to show the drone course/direction in a small map, but the indication is pretty qualitative.
What I am trying to accomplish, is to do manual photogrammetric surveys (waiting for SDK and automatic missions with virtual sticks), but to obtain a decent coverage of parallel/perpendicular strips, I'd need azimuth bearing, especially if I don't have reference elements on the ground to follow (tree or plant rows, roads, etc.).
Thanks in advance for the help!
Niccolò

No not possible unfortunately, nothing like that can be added to the live screen.

After the flight it's possible to dig out the yaw direction from North through the logs though, but recon that won't help you. The only thing you can do is to fly the first stretch out & then relate to that blue route line on the map for the rest of the flight.

Reactions: nicdain
No not possible unfortunately, nothing like that can be added to the live screen.

After the flight it's possible to dig out the yaw direction from North through the logs though, but recon that won't help you. The only thing you can do is to fly the first stretch out & then relate to that blue route line on the map for the rest of the flight.
Thank you for the info.
Actually, relating to the previous strip is what I am actually doing. It's not accurate but better than nothing...

Hi, I searched for this topic but I found no results: I own a Mini 2 and I was wondering if it is possible to have displayed in the DJI Fly app the heading direction expressed as azimuth degrees in real time. I have seen that it is possible to show the drone course/direction in a small map, but the indication is pretty qualitative.
What I am trying to accomplish, is to do manual photogrammetric surveys (waiting for SDK and automatic missions with virtual sticks), but to obtain a decent coverage of parallel/perpendicular strips, I'd need azimuth bearing, especially if I don't have reference elements on the ground to follow (tree or plant rows, roads, etc.).
Thanks in advance for the help!
Niccolò
Here still waiting for SDK for tha priced Mavic 3. Also wanting display bearing angle from the north. Old useful tools DJI app had have been removed like manually drawing lines (were light blue) in the map to help flying in the fields as it was in GO app (Phantom 3)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ