DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone In Turkey (Turkish Drone Laws)

Aydin Tamturk

Reactions
Hello fellow pilots ,

I’ve been wandering and reading all of the forum debates on people whom want to bring their drones to Turkey or whom who want to fly with a drone that is capable of shooting video & photography but couldn’t find any reasonable explanation how to do it !

Firstly let me Introduce myself , my name is Aydin Kemal Tamturk and I am a Level 2 UAV pilot certified by the Turkish aviation bureau ( SHGM ) Secondly I’m the co founder of a company called DroneHizmetleri ( http://www.dronehizmetleri.com ) ( Droneservices in English to be exact ) . As to explain the company , we are a company whom give consultation services and handle paperwork for companies and individuals !

About drones in Turkey and the aviation rules cited in ( https://iha.shgm.gov.tr/public/document/SHT-IHA_REV1.pdf ) feel free to ask any question I will be happy to answer them ! If you are trying to come to Turkey with you’re drone and you are having a problem or got stuck were here to help you can always email or call me .

My email : [email protected]

Hi Aydin! Nice to know you!

I'm wondering if I can bring and fly a Mavic Mini in Turkey? I plan to go to Istanbul, Cappadocia, and the Lycian Way. Does a Mavic Mini need registration? Are there any restricted areas? Thank you!

Hi Aydin! Nice to know you!

I'm wondering if I can bring and fly a Mavic Mini in Turkey? I plan to go to Istanbul, Cappadocia, and the Lycian Way. Does a Mavic Mini need registration? Are there any restricted areas? Thank you!
You can bring it, no problem at all, no need to register. On the other hand, there are restricted areas as we all have at home countries. Just send me a message for detailed maps when it's getting close to your visit. You'll be clear to go (mostly) on the lycian way, no chance for Istanbul and cappadocia though.

Reactions: Dan Heller
You can bring it, no problem at all, no need to register. On the other hand, there are restricted areas as we all have at home countries. Just send me a message for detailed maps when it's getting close to your visit. You'll be clear to go (mostly) on the lycian way, no chance for Istanbul and cappadocia though.

Hi All, I am a Canadian and have a Mavic pro and was thinking of picking up a mavic mini to make it easier to fly around Turkey, from your note it seems that I will not be able to fly around Istanbul or Cappadocia, if I were to go through proper registration channels with my mavic pro, would I be able to fly in these areas?

thanks for your time in advance!

I am going to be in Istanbul at the end of November. Why no drones allowed there? I have a mini 2 and was really hoping to get some nice footage of the historic sites. Is it because there are too many military sites in Istanbul?
Thx

I'll be visiting Turkey in October. Will be staying in Istanbul, but will be taking some trips out to other areas.

I would dearly love to get a link to online maps/apps that show airspace...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa