DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone insurance for my Mavic in the USA

djtommyboy

Reactions
I currently use state farm for insurance but they wont extent my policy. They said their done with drones due to people crashing them on purpose for the $$.

Is there any other options for coverage?

thanks

Hmmm, Interesting, this must be fairly recent, I extended mine a couple months ago, I have 4 DJI drones on my personal articles policy right now. Hopefully I'll be able to keep mine but just not make changes.... I guess time will tell.

Hmmm, Interesting, this must be fairly recent, I extended mine a couple months ago, I have 4 DJI drones on my personal articles policy right now. Hopefully I'll be able to keep mine but just not make changes.... I guess time will tell.

Do you have all 4 drones covered under the same policy or do you have multiple policies?

You might want to call a different agent to confirm. That particular issue is not specific drones, it's a problem when they insure anything. Honestly, it makes less sense to me with drones since you're talking about a small amount of money, relatively speaking.

I recently added a Mavic Pro to my PAP no problem.

Do you have all 4 drones covered under the same policy or do you have multiple policies?
I have all 4 drones on 1 policy plus all my DSLR equipment.

Call another SF agent and ask them if they would write a drone on a Personal Article policy.

Wow, I didn't realize you could do that. Did you have to pay additional for each item you added to the policy?

Info is that the policy provides coverage up to $2000 for that same premium. So you could insure $500, $1000 or $2000 under the policy for that same premium. Of course, exceeding that premium policy limit means that the premium is just a little higher. The Personal Article policy is a policy issued on named personal items.

Reactions: GooterFly68
I have almost $10,000 on my personal articles policy. your premium is in direct relation to the amount you have insured.

After you exceed the coverage provided for the $60 minimum premium, the rate is $1.25/$100. I have a lot of camera equipment on this policy so when I added my MP for $1000.00, the premium went up $12.50.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom