DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DRONE INSURANCE GREECE

ikaros5331

Reactions
Greetings Mavic Pilots,

Does anyone know any insurance plans to cover drones damages, loss, theft in Greece?

Special thanks in advance for your precious help!
Matthew

I have been searching the web for weeks regarding liability Insurance for Greece. I have not found any answers yet. (As of March 17, 2018)
I called the AMA (Academy of Model Aeronautics) and they give me a lead to a club in Greece. For some reason my email isn't going through.
I will keep working at it. I hope I find something. If I do I will repost here. Please do the same.
Thanks for any info.

Reactions: ikaros5331
FPVUK - (First Person View) at fpvuk.org do a 3rd party (£5M liability) that covers the UK and Europe - only £19.99 per year. Should meet your needs

Greetings Mavic Pilots,

Does anyone know any insurance plans to cover drones damages, loss, theft in Greece?

Special thanks in advance for your precious help!
Matthew

As far as i know all insurance companies will only cover 3rd party liability ie if you injure someone with your drone but no insurance coverage for damages to your drone itself.

I leave in Greece so i know..

What i did is paid an extra 100€ when i bought my mavic air from dji to get the dji care which covers exactly that but for only one year.

Thanks for all the replies.
The liability insurance provided by fpvuk.org only covers UK residents in the UK & Europe. If you don't reside in the UK, it only covers you in the UK and not Europe. Thanks for the lead anyway.
Spy_Corfu, I hope you can answer a few questions regarding Greece.
This will be my 3rd extended visit, but the first with a drone. I have been in contact with the HCAA. I am still confused on a couple of issues.
I understand the less than 50 meter rules,but if I fly over 50 meters, I realize there is different rules and regulations. I have been told by HCAA I need liability insurance and I have been told it isn't required but highly suggested.
I would feel better if I had the insurance. MY Question: Do you know of any insurance company in Greece that would sell an American (USA) short term policy for liability insurance?

For those of you who do not live in Greece but wanted a contact, the following information might be helpful:
Hellenic Civil Aviation Authority (HCAA) web page: https://dagr.hcaa.gr
My contact is: Elias Talamagas (ANS Regulatory Div)
E-mail: [email protected]
Tel: +302108916476
Fax: +302108949098

Second try:
The following is the contact information I have used e-mailing the HCAA
Hellenic Civil Aviation Authority (HCAA) web page: https://dagr.hcaa.gr
Contact Information:
Elias Talalagas
of the ANS Regulatory Div
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +302108916476
Fax: +302108949098