DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Insurance in the U.K.

There aren't that many options. There used to be quite a few, but it's become less and less over the six years I've been flying as Insurance companies are reluctant to cover them as they can be lost so easily.

The ones I'm aware of are Coverdrone, and Flock. The last time I looked (two years ago) it was expensive, so I stuck £25 a month in a savings account and now I have enough to buy a new drone if I need it Also, the cover wasn't great. There were so many get outs for the company it wasn't worth it.

If you find anything worth having please share it. :)

I'm insured with FlyIcarus via FPV UK.

At least I was... according to FlyIcarus Drone Insurance they are moving insurers and the website is just a holding page.

Doesn't inspire confidence!
I'm waiting for the update so I can join with the new insurer. From what I read on FPVUK you're still covered.

Reactions: old man mavic
same here i like your savings idea i do something similar for keeping my car on the road such as tyres brakes etc and for that unexpected issue ,you are correct about the get out clauses in these drone insurance companies cover, i think the main thing to have is third party liability that you get from joining someone like FPV UK or BMFA

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54