DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Insurance Needed? Switzerland

jude56

Reactions
Hi all. I'm a relatively new drone operator. I'm going to Switzerland next week (I live in the US) and was considering taking my drone with me.

The Switzerland drone laws seems pretty straightforward except one: '
  • If you operate a drone weighing more than 500 grams (1.1 pounds), you must maintain insurance of a minimum of 1 million francs to cover any damage.
I've been trying to look into this but am having some difficulty. I'm not quite sure what kind of insurance is required, and also can't seem to find where to get this insurance. I've found a few 'drone insurance' companies but they either seem to just offer it for US flying, for EU members flying in their home country or international coverage but just for commercial use.

I fly solely recreationally so I'm not looking to fly for commercial purposes. Does anybody have any insight into this that can help point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Hi all. I'm a relatively new drone operator. I'm going to Switzerland next week (I live in the US) and was considering taking my drone with me.

The Switzerland drone laws seems pretty straightforward except one: '
  • If you operate a drone weighing more than 500 grams (1.1 pounds), you must maintain insurance of a minimum of 1 million francs to cover any damage.
I've been trying to look into this but am having some difficulty. I'm not quite sure what kind of insurance is required, and also can't seem to find where to get this insurance. I've found a few 'drone insurance' companies but they either seem to just offer it for US flying, for EU members flying in their home country or international coverage but just for commercial use.

I fly solely recreationally so I'm not looking to fly for commercial purposes. Does anybody have any insight into this that can help point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

There are several companies that offer liability insurance. I wound up using REIN Connected Insurance Agency (they go by droneinsurance.com). They offer global flight liability insurance that can be purchased on a daily, monthly, yearly, or custom basis for recreational or commercial use.

It is pricey. USD $1MM for me is about $600 -- but it's something like $27 / day for a short period.

But nobody knows if insurance is any good unless there's a claim -- and I fortunately haven't had one of those.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato