DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone insurance plan for tourists in Germany/EU?

Lailert

Reactions
I’m planning to go to Germany soon and I want to bring my Mavic with me. I’ve read that you need liability insurance to operate there. However, the drone insurance that I have here in Thailand don’t cover internationally so I’m planning to just get a German insurance there. The problem is most of them is yearly and for people who live there. Is there tourist/monthly package available because I will only be there for two weeks, but I would have to pay for the whole year of insurance.

With regard to the insurance I cannot help, but there is one more important regulation to observe:

Every drone weighing more than 250 grams is subject to the obligation to label and must be marked with the complete address of the keeper/owner. This applies to all common models such as the DJI Phantom 4 (Pro), Dji Mavic, Parrot Bebop, Yuneec Typhoon H or Q500 and even a DJI Spark.
In addition, the drone registration number / drones badge must be legibly affixed and fireproof! The new drone regulation recommends an aluminium sticker.

I’m planning to go to Germany soon and I want to bring my Mavic with me. I’ve read that you need liability insurance to operate there. However, the drone insurance that I have here in Thailand don’t cover internationally so I’m planning to just get a German insurance there. The problem is most of them is yearly and for people who live there. Is there tourist/monthly package available because I will only be there for two weeks, but I would have to pay for the whole year of insurance.

Drones above 0.25 kg must carry a well visible, fireproof label with name/address of owner. You will find a huge variety of Drone Badges (e.g. „Drohnen-Plakette für DJI Phantom 4“) on the market at low rates that are conform to the new rules. In addition, your name and address must be on it.

You are NOT allowed to fly above 100 Meters, out of sight, over a crowd of people, over highways, railroads and waterways, over privat property, over powerplants, prisons, hospitals, military areas, airports etc. or over nature reserve. And: Liability insurance ("Drohnen-Haftpflichtversicherung") in accordance with the air traffic order („Luftverkehrsordnung“) is required for all drone pilots.

Use Google Translator, if necessary: Drohnen-Verordnung und Drohnen-Gesetze

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser