DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Insurance

Tazbone

Reactions
Cheapest insurance lads for recreational user.
Obviously I would want the policy to include water damage and also loss of drone.
Have researched the Web but cannot find companies that include drone loss.
Cheers

Just go to your local agent. And place a pile of cash on there desk. They will write you a policy good for you...with plenty of exclusives to keep from paying out on any flame.

Just go to your local agent. And place a pile of cash on there desk. They will write you a policy good for you...with plenty of exclusives to keep from paying out on any flame.
FPV-UK.... Just joined £19.99
It gives discount on a few things.
Also £5m public liability/ Europe too.
As a member one receives 50% discount if one insures through Flycarus at a cost of £69.50.
Which also covers total loss and water [emoji97]
So all in its cost me £90.
Job done.
Here's the links if you or anyone is interested.

FPV UK - Flying Model Aircraft and Drone Membership, Advice & Support

UK Drone Insurance | FlyIcarus

Thought all of europe went to the euro?
But only interested as to about how much that would be here. No big thing.
But there are lots of liberal lawyers here in ca.

Thought all of europe went to the euro?
But only interested as to about how much that would be here. No big thing.
But there are lots of liberal lawyers here in ca.
Here's someone with an interest in world affairs!

Reactions: Nigpd
If anyone is interested in insurance for your drone,then one MUST keep to the law of flying...you are not insured if you abuse the law of flying.
Hope this helps the newbies such as I [emoji106]

If anyone is interested in insurance for your drone,then one MUST keep to the law of flying...you are not insured if you abuse the law of flying.
Hope this helps the newbies such as I [emoji106]
Could you please explain your statement and how it helps the newbies, please.

Could you please explain your statement and how it helps the newbies, please.
I'll do my best...Here goes.

Don't fly above 400ft from ground lvl.
Keep 1km away from Airports.
Keep a 50m or 150m distance from people and property.
Always keep your drone within sight,which I find confusing for let's say one uses binoculars to aid in this action or if one wears glasses or if one has 20/20 perfect vision.
I know the sight max for commercial flying is 500m but recreational drone use has no max/min figure.

Apparently one can be heavily fined or even a custodial sentence if the above rules are broken...circumstances come into play ofcourse.

Being a total newbie I bought my drone to send it away in the distance... Disappointed I can't do such actions.

Last edited:

Always keep your drone within sight,which I find confusing for let's say one uses binoculars to aid in this action or if one wears glasses or if one has 20/20 perfect vision.
I know the sight max for commercial flying is 500m but recreational drone use has no max/min figure.

Apparently one can be heavily fined or even a custodial sentence if the above rules are broken...circumstances come into play ofcourse.

Being a total newbie I bought my drone to send it away in the distance... Disappointed I can't do such actions.
Well, those are basic, as far as I know within' sight does not allow for use of binoculars, so to see tiny drone at 1500ft - nearly impossible.
But this thread was started as question about insurance. So is anyone aware of reasonably priced , internationally honored drone insurance, liability and/or damage?

Well, those are basic, as far as I know within' sight does not allow for use of binoculars, so to see tiny drone at 1500ft - nearly impossible.
But this thread was started as question about insurance. So is anyone aware of reasonably priced , internationally honored drone insurance, liability and/or damage?
Checkout the link I've posted with reference to insurance.
Spoke to them this morning and I'm sure for £85 you get global insurance and maybe liability too.

The ANO (article 94(3))) specifically says "must maintain direct, unaided visual contact with the aircraft sufficient to monitor it's flight path in relation to other aircraft, persons, vehicles, vessels and structures for the purposes of avoiding collisions". Corrective lenses do not aid (enhance) your vision, they just correct your vision to give you normal sight. And thus they are OK. Binoculars do aid/ enhance your vision and are not allowed.

Furthermore, looking through binoculars you might be able to see your aircraft, but it would mean it was so far away that you wouldnt be able to properly "monitor it's flight path in relation to other aircraft, persons, vessels and structures". Looking through binoculars would not give you the spatial awareness of what other people, vessels, aircraft and structures are doing around you either.

www.fpvuk.org/current-advice

All the best

Simon

Last edited:
The ANO (article 94(3))) specifically says "must maintain direct, unaided visual contact with the aircraft sufficient to monitor it's flight path in relation to other aircraft, persons, vehicles, vessels and structures for the purposes of avoiding collisions". Corrective lenses do not aid (enhance) your vision, they just correct your vision to give you normal sight. And thus they are OK. Binoculars do aid/ enhance your vision and are not allowed.

Furthermore, looking through binoculars you might be able to see your aircraft, but it would mean it was so far away that you wouldnt be able to properly "monitor it's flight path in relation to other aircraft, persons, vessels and structures". Looking through binoculars would not give you the spatial awareness of what other people, vessels, aircraft and structures are doing around you either.

www.fpvuk.org/current-advice

All the best

Simon
Great....Ta very much

Don't bother with Flock drone Insurance...rubbish they are.
No cover for water damage or loss

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61