DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Insurance

sbron8

Reactions
Does anyone know of drone Insurance options for a hobbyist? I have a Mavic air. I had the DJI carerefresh for a year but know it's over. Also, state farm personal article insurance is not supported where I live in Massachusetts. Any other cheap option?

I’d suggest that you check with several State Farm agents. It I not uncommon for lazy/unknowledgeable agents to say not available. I had to call five before I found my agent. California is the only state I know of that it’s unavailable.

I’d suggest that you check with several State Farm agents. It I not uncommon for lazy/unknowledgeable agents to say not available. I had to call five before I found my agent. California is the only state I know of that it’s unavailable.

In states that State Farm writes some agents do not know/don't write for drones.In those states sometimes you need to call more than one.State Farm has no agents in Massachusetts.If you have a vacation home in a state that State Farm writes in,you can get insurance even if you are not a resident of that state.Just need an address.Or...you can gift the drone to a friend in a state where they write and "borrow" the drone often.Might even be legal.Be careful.

Does anyone know of drone Insurance options for a hobbyist? I have a Mavic air. I had the DJI carerefresh for a year but know it's over. Also, state farm personal article insurance is not supported where I live in Massachusetts. Any other cheap option?
What area of Mass are you in?

State Farm apparently has agents in Canada also. However, SF was acquired by Desjardins Insurance recently and has no presence in Quebec. Closest agents are next door in Ontario. Wondering if any Canadian pilots have dealt with them.
NB

If you live in a state covered by State Farm they have a drone policy that insures your drone and accessories (as long as you list them). Mine was only $60 a year to cover my MP and accessories including a backpack totally $1800. This policy does not include liability coverage. For that plus drone coverage I recommend the AMA coverage as previously mentioned by @ThomasB

As a former State Farm insured in another state State Farm DOES NOT accept new customers in MA. I was grandfathered in only because I had active car and motorcycle in the other state. I could not get homeowners in MA.
I moved out of the state.

Not that I know of but his repair rates make insurance a cost I don't care to pay.

$60/year a covering the drone and other items up to something like $2000 for _any_ loss is worth less then any repair cost? if your drone is stolen how much to repair it? If you crash your drone beyond repair, how much for the repairs? Heck, how much is shipping alone for repairs?

I pay enough in insurance as a business. home and auto owner so MY choice is to pay for my mistakes with my drones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo