DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Insurance

DamienC

Reactions
Researching drone insurance for business purposes. Found Skywatch and see that $1m in coverage, which includes hull, translates to about $894 annually.
Since my two cars insure for less than that, am I seeing things? Are there other sources for drone insurance out there? And is there a base standard as far as liability? I'm thinking at least $500K.

Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks.

Researching drone insurance for business purposes. Found Skywatch and see that $1m in coverage, which includes hull, translates to about $894 annually.
Since my two cars insure for less than that, am I seeing things? Are there other sources for drone insurance out there? And is there a base standard as far as liability? I'm thinking at least $500K.

Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks.
Join AMA. Insurance is about $70/year. That gets you $2.5 million liability, $10k medical, and $1k on the drone. Plus they lobby for us on a federal level.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Join AMA. Insurance is about $70/year. That gets you $2.5 million liability, $10k medical, and $1k on the drone. Plus they lobby for us on a federal level.
Clarify please. Is the AMA liability coverage only for AMA sponsored events, or at all times and locations?

The AMA standard (member) coverage DOES NOT cover commercial/business operation which is what the OP asked about.

However, if you speak to the AMA they do offer commercial coverage as a paid option.
If you shop around though you can find other alternatives.

I have the same AMA set up with insurance but I don’t think they would cover commercial drone operations. That would have to be looked at

Thanks for the responses. I will take a closer look at AMA, and look around for other alternatives! Will share whatever results I can find.

I've got no experience with them, but some time ago came across skywatch.ai. It works off the GO4 app, $7 a flight, $42 per month, or $500 a year. There are several competitors. The first quote I got for commercial drone liability was also about $900 a year, I don't need it yet, am still looking. But, I like the 'per flight' pricing...

I've got no experience with them, but some time ago came across skywatch.ai. It works off the GO4 app, $7 a flight, $42 per month, or $500 a year. There are several competitors. The first quote I got for commercial drone liability was also about $900 a year, I don't need it yet, am still looking. But, I like the 'per flight' pricing...
Sadly, Skywatch is not available for NY State.

I'm a professional photographer and have photography insurance through Hill & Usher, which includes $1 million (or maybe $2M) liability. They gave me a rider for my M2P. No hull insurance, just $250,000 liability. Additional cost was under $200. I had considered Skywatch and similar options, but figured I wouldn't expect anything to go wrong so would never buy the single flight insurance.

I looked at the link don't see drone crash insurance-just fire ,theft,vandalism.
No - you're wrong.

Commercial insurance is an option through the AMA and has been since 2017. It is offered through a partnership with Harry A. Lock Insurers and they also offer Hull cover for an additional premium.
It is not widely advertised and you need to talk to them.

Check out Verifly. I like the per flight plan they offer, especially as I ramp up my commercial business over this next year.
Blue Skies from SoCal

Anybody find how much AMA would insure for commercial flights?

Anybody find how much AMA would insure for commercial flights?
I'm not sure I understand your question.
Do you mean how much liability coverage they will give you or do you mean how much they will charge?
Coverage will depend on what you want and premium is based on risk.

State Farm has drone insurance. I have one for $70 a year.

State Farm has drone insurance. I have one for $70 a year.
Sounds cheap. Is that just recreational liability? I have Skywatch and for commercial $1 million plus hull coverage it's $64 a month.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54