DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone intelligent battery

L.Bro

Reactions
Has anyone ever bought a refurbished battery for your drone? I'm asking because I ordered a new battery from amazon and when I checked on the status I then realized that it says renewed. Am I screwed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone ever bought a refurbished battery for your drone? I'm asking because I ordered a new battery from amazon and when I checked on the status I then realized that it says renewed. Am I screwed?
What country? (Different consumer laws)
What aircraft? (Different cell pack configuration)
What Amazon? (.com/.co.uk.etc) Link to ad?

USA,
Mavic Air,
Amazon.com
OK, so I would guess it is this product (or something similar)

In which case it clearly states in the product description that it is a ‘renewed’ item so you cannot argue you didn’t know what you were purchasing.
They are also not trying to sell something as new when it isn’t which would be illegal.

So, do renewed batteries typically mean lower quality, shorter flight times, shorter overall battery lifespan, and/or fewer total charge cycles? Or does performance of renewed batteries vary, but there’s no recourse for faulty renewed batteries?

So, do renewed batteries typically mean lower quality, shorter flight times, shorter overall battery lifespan, and/or fewer total charge cycles? Or does performance of renewed batteries vary, but there’s no recourse for faulty renewed batteries?
Read the ad/listing.
What does it say?
It says “Renewed products work and look like new. These pre-owned products have been inspected and tested by Amazon-qualified suppliers.

All Renewed products come with the 90-day Amazon Renewed Guarantee”

its normally the lipo cells inside the battery that eventually stop holding a full charge ,so the case is opened up and new cell packs are fitted, also the electronics controlling the balance charging and auto discharge features are tested to see if all is well
in theory the battery should be as good as new, if it has been done by a reputable firm, these batteries will also sell for a reduced price ,and it is up to the consumer, if they wish to entrust their drones ability to fly safely to a used product

OK, so I would guess it is this product (or something similar)

In which case it clearly states in the product description that it is a ‘renewed’ item so you cannot argue you didn’t know what you were purchasing.
They are also not trying to sell something as new when it isn’t which would be illegal.
Yea it was an over site on my part. just curious to know if anyone has tried a refurbished battery.

Reactions: old man mavic
I never bought a refurbed battery in my life --- but Amazon has a very generous 30-day return policy so I would just test them out in comparison to new batteries and see how long they last. You will probably know right away if they can hold as much charge as a new one, although the number of charges left on the life cycle wont be known.

Reactions: L.Bro
I never bought a refurbed battery in my life --- but Amazon has a very generous 30-day return policy so I would just test them out in comparison to new batteries and see how long they last. You will probably know right away if they can hold as much charge as a new one, although the number of charges left on the life cycle wont be known.
I'll know by sunday, battery is coming tomorrow, 2-22-20.

Reactions: old man mavic

here’s a question for you...would you buy a “used” battery for your car just to save $20? Even if it had been tested and refurbished by Joe Bob in his basement?
Good news is you bought from Amazon and they will gladly exchange/refund your $$$

Reactions: pelagic_one
here’s a question for you...would you buy a “used” battery for your car just to save $20? Even if it had been tested and refurbished by Joe Bob in his basement?
Good news is you bought from Amazon and they will gladly exchange/refund your $$$
It was an over site on my behalf. But yes ,that's the plan.

Yes, and I have only suffered problems. Cell life was much shorter, due to poorly balanced cells. IME, they are not worth expense, and time. Nothing is worth watching your drone shut down, 5 min after your FC showed 35% battery.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Yes, and I have only suffered problems. Cell life was much shorter, due to poorly balanced cells. IME, they are not worth expense, and time. Nothing is worth watching your drone shut down, 5 min after your FC showed 35% battery.
Thanks for this info. I was upset at myself for not completely reading the description before purchasing it. I'll be sending it back as soon as it gets here. Thanks again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair