DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone is “braking” way to often why?

gerard143

Reactions
So my Mavic 2 Pro lately says “braking” quite a bit now during every flight all of a sudden. No idea why it does this but it’s super annoying.

Any ideas? Is this tied to sensors and maybe a sensor issue? But wouldn’t that trip a sensor alarm not a braking alert?

I have not experienced this personally but I have read others on this site report that it was caused by sun reflections on the sensors. Try disabling all the sensors, or switch to sport mode, and try again. Use caution in sport mode because everything is faster.

Is this tied to sensors and maybe a sensor issue?
It's a common issue when flying toward the sun. If it happens again (and you're flying toward the sun), you can temporarily disable the sensors mid-flight to confirm whether or not that's the cause. With the sensors disabled, your Mavic should not auto brake.

I never had this issue until I clipped a tree branch and it came crashing down thru the branches dropping about 20 ft. Other then prop damage the drone escaped unharmed and flawless with not a mark on it. Part of me wonders if it’s related to that but all the sensor windows look like new. Perhaps it’s unrelated.

I never had this issue until I clipped a tree branch and it came crashing down thru the branches dropping about 20 ft. Other then prop damage the drone escaped unharmed and flawless with not a mark on it. Part of me wonders if it’s related to that but all the sensor windows look like new. Perhaps it’s unrelated.

I was experiencing the same issues after I also clipped a branch and dropped the unit onto a driveway. I also started getting magnetic interference and had to calibrate the compass almost every day I flew. My unit is at Thunderdrones right now for servicing. I love the autonomous capabilities of the unit, but when they are not acting like they normally do, I personally feel it is giving you warning signs that should not be ignored. I have not heard back from Rob at Thunderdrones yet as to what he finds, but I suspect I may have damaged either or both the IMU and at least one compass.

I get this problem all the time, and its worse in low light and near/during sunset, even when I am not flying toward the sun. After almost running out of battery on one flight the other day, due to this problem, I just turn the obstacle avoidance systems off most of the time now. I might try the re-calibration idea.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580