DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone-killing microwave weapon deployed by US Air Force overseas for first time

Nice. I would like to see the effect of this weapon or similar against airplanes...

Microwaves make good disruptors. A teacher of mine was a naval officer on a sub during the Vietnam war, during nighttime surface watch they’d throw a sandwich up in the air in front of their radar a few times to warm it up... and some ground troops would use their field radar as a short range offensive weapon and point it into the surrounding trees to harm wildlife and whoever was hiding there.

I find it funny (sad) that when the word drone is used in media, people picture small drones that we use for fun or in business. The picture of drones the size of a ultralight, a king air, or the true ruler of the drone world the raptor or predator. Could the tomahawks I launched during the first gulf war been a drone. It was unmanned, it had way points, it provided telemetry, it provided video, and it could be aborted. No Return to home thankfully.

It’s pretty cheap only 16 mil for a microwave with door off and amiable. Wonder why they only bought one it’s only money. Lol

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S