DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone laws in Denmark.

Przemo-c

Reactions
I wanted to know about flying In Denmark. What are the rules for DJI mini 2. I hope to be able to visit Bornholm this year if it will be at all possible. And I'd like to know do i have to register as an operator in Denmark? What are the rules for sub 250g drone with a camera there?

I'm from Poland and i have registered in polish civilian aviation registry as an operator and pilot so i have the UAS Operator Registration card with EASA logo. Do i still have to register? Or is it waved due to operating sub 250g drone? Is there a mandatory check in before every flight, insurance etc?

Would love if someone would point me towards some info that's for those small drones as what i read is mixed up a bit in A1.

Also I'm not sure I'll be even able to fly with mini 2 with winds out there but i hope there will be a calm day :)

Maybe you can start here? Good luck. :)
Thanks for the link. I've already looked it up and there's a bit of conflicting info there with maximum altitude and I'm still unclear about need to be registered as in one point it says that operator has to be registered but drones below 250g don't need to... Is there a separate done and operator registry or is it that operator doesn't have to register if a drone he's flying is less than 250g also will my operator registration transfer between EU countries or is it separate. Also on official pages there's mentioning of informing police about flight in urban areas but here is in general. I just holes that there would be some nice roundup of current rules.

Thanks for the link. I've already looked it up and there's a bit of conflicting info there with maximum altitude and I'm still unclear about need to be registered as in one point it says that operator has to be registered but drones below 250g don't need to... Is there a separate done and operator registry or is it that operator doesn't have to register if a drone he's flying is less than 250g also will my operator registration transfer between EU countries or is it separate. Also on official pages there's mentioning of informing police about flight in urban areas but here is in general. I just holes that there would be some nice roundup of current rules.
You have probably solved it already, but just in case:
The drones under 250g don't need to be registered unless there is a camera on them (there is an exception for toys also). As for Mavics, all of them need to be registered.
A registration from an EU country should be valid in all the others.
The registration of drones and pilots are independent. Drone is registered under its owner, who doesn't necessarily be also it's pilot. Pilot is obliged to get a licence in order to be eligible to fly.

So it looks like the rules are very similar to those in Poland.

One more thing I'd like to ask. Is there any obligation to report flights in G airspace when flying within A1 rules with a sub 250g drone?

Because in Poland we had quite strict rule out in place last year mandating every flight being reported via app (droneradar). Is there anything similar in Denmark?

I'm not sure about this one, because it's nation specific rule, so it would be better to ask a pilot from Denmark. Just yesterday one checked in, maybe try to ask him: https://mavicpilots.com/threads/hi-...hare_fid=1514257&share_type=t&link_source=app

If you get answers, please share them. I've been thinking about a trip to Bornholm too (I love the rabbit beaches), so it would help me to plan on it. [emoji846]

So it looks like the rules are very similar to those in Poland.

One more thing I'd like to ask. Is there any obligation to report flights in G airspace when flying within A1 rules with a sub 250g drone?

Because in Poland we had quite strict rule out in place last year mandating every flight being reported via app (droneradar). Is there anything similar in Denmark?
Hi, in case you have not found the answer yet:
In Denmark you do not have to report every single flight with a "legacy" drone. If it involves other people it gets a little messy - yet I found this instruction for "the open category" for foreigners flying drones in Denmark:

I hope it might answer your questions.
./creamand

PS. The registration is always mandatory if any harm is done to material or people during flight (as I have understood it).

Here's an EASA page that will connect you to each of the member countries' websites. There's a common set of rules for all members, but each county can add additional requirements.

Follow the link to Denmark's site. It's in Danish, but if you click the menu icon in the upper right corner, you'll find "Flying Drones in Denmark." Under that, you'll see "Foreigners flying drones in Denmark in the open category." That page is in English.

Here's a direct link"

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erroos