DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Drone Light Show

Vic Moss

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I had the privilege of shooting some BTS (behind the scene) video of a drone light show at Denver International Airport a few weeks ago. I finally got permission to show this publicly last night.

The drones aren't DJI, although they do use Phantom 2 props and are based off of the old Flamewheel design.

This was all shot on a Mavic 2 Pro. Much longer than most of my videos, but it's hard to get a 12 minute light show down to 3 minutes or less.

KDEN ATC shut down Runway 25/7 for safety reasons during the show. The RPIC had to call them and let them know when we were done so they could open it back up. The cab told him they could see the show from the tower and said it was cool.

Always a good thing to impress ATC!

That was very cool, thanks for sharing.

I have experimented with light painting and timelapse with my P3S using Third party software (Hammer and Dronelink) but it is very difficult to create unique designs without specialized software. That video inspired me to keep trying.

Chris

Reactions: Vic Moss
<---- My first reaction when i saw that video (see my profile pic)-- darn cool!...

must be skilled pilots to be able to sync movement like that.. like acrobatic team but drones instead of planes...

<---- My first reaction when i saw that video (see my profile pic)-- darn cool!...

must be skilled pilots to be able to sync movement like that.. like acrobatic team but drones instead of planes...
It's all done by computer program. Only one pilot was flying them all.

Yeah - and one drone -it only takes one - didn't lock on the d-gps signal... lol.
Yeah, one of them didn't want to place nice with the others.

There's always one in the crowd... ?

• Haha
Reactions: Jagerbomb52
those drones look alot larger then what I,ve seen used in other drone shows
The larger shows use smaller drones. These drones are for shows with 200 or less drones. Smaller shows need brighter lights.

Wow! That's awesome!

What was the name of the drone show company?
Starlight Aerial Productions. They used to be Great Lakes Drone Company. They just changed their name.

What software is used to control/sync the drones? I'm totally unfamiliar with this process.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots