DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Location circle on monitor

helen fraser

Reactions
We have just purchased a new Mavic air 2. We loaded dji fly onto our iPhone 11 pro max but cannot see the circle on the bottom of the screen in middle that shows the location of the drone

• Sad
Reactions: A.O.
We have just purchased a new Mavic air 2. We loaded dji fly onto our iPhone 11 pro max but cannot see the circle on the bottom of the screen in middle that shows the location of the drone

you need to click on the symbol for that to pop up. If you dont see anything you maybe zoomed in on the phone .
can you post a picture ?

They have unfortunately done away with the orientation indicator !!

Hello Helen:

Welcome to the forum & congratulations on acquiring a Mavic Air 2 (MA2)! I suspect you’ll enjoy both!

As A.O. mentioned above, the half circle/triangle indicator at the bottom center of your display as been omitted in the most recent version of the DJI Fly app. However, there is a replacement indicator accessible within the map at the bottom left corner of the display. Touch the map and it enlarges slightly. Then touch a really small indicator at the bottom right of that small map and you’ll hopefully get the new “attitude indicator”. The new indicator has met with mixed reviews from users as you’ll see if you search for it on this forum. Here’s my quick summary of how it works after watching a few videos and flying my MA2 with the recent updates:

The center of the indicator is the drone. Two faint lines indicate the tilt of the drone. A small green field represents the video/camera recording region. Concentric circles around the drone represent relative distance (not really useful). A yellow circle surrounding a black ”H” represents the home point and a blue circle represents the controller position (the controller position and the home point often merge leaving just the home point visible as the distance to the drone increases). Finally a small circle around an “N” represents north.

All of the symbols rotate around the drone as the drone’s orientation changes or if the controller or home point change position. If the controller position/home point are directly below the drone, the drone is facing directly away from them. If they are directly above the drone, the drone is facing directly at them.

I found it helpful to go to a broad open space, place my landing pad and drone in the center, walk away some 10 meters, and have my drone take off directly ascending about 10 meters. I left it hovering there, brought up the new attitude indicator and walked around the hovering drone while watching the indicator. That helped me understand the controller position. I then stayed put and rotated the hovering drone while watching the indicator, that helped understand the drone’s perspective. I then took the drone up a bit higher and flew it out a couple of hundred meters which helped understand the concentric circles and the relative positions of the home point and controller positions.

At first I didn’t like the new indicator compared to the old, but after a couple of flights and some practice I’m a convert!

Good luck and feel free to ask any additional questions!

Howard

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929