Get more from your Mavic
The largest Mavic community in the world
Join Us Now

Drone Logbook-Made my own

Turn11

Reactions
Nice work John, you put a lot of thought into this log. I fly in close proximity to an airport, barely in the No Fly Zone (NFZ) but close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

NFZ self unlock form yields a code - AirMap verification token (6 digits) and must be put into the Verification code field in the authorization form.

I wonder if it would beneficial to capture that information?

Turn11

Reactions
you can make another field
Thanks again for all the effort John, I was trying to see if anyone thought it was necessary to capture that information. DJI Go 4 has a tab that has my last code.

Since I have a few places that are NFZ, for me, I will add a column to capture the authorization should the need arise.

Reactions: Dragon2650

Sitka78

Reactions
Hey Guys, I couldn't find a good UAV logbook so I made my own. I also have a tab with a checklist. I'm happy to share it with you. Any suggestions and improvements are appreciated!
Johns Log Book.xlsx
That looks good, do you plan have an area for maintanence for aircraft and batteries as well? I believe it would be good to have an area that you could record all repairs, replacements, times to cycle batteries, ect.

Dragon2650

Reactions
That looks good, do you plan have an area for maintanence for aircraft and batteries as well? I believe it would be good to have an area that you could record all repairs, replacements, times to cycle batteries, ect.
Maybe I can add some tabs at the bottom....

Reactions: Sitka78

Sitka78

Reactions
Maybe I can add some tabs at the bottom....
I think that would work fine. I see other logbooks that have too much information that is not needed. Electronically, there are some great sites but if you get asked by the FAA about your logbook, it would be easier to show them the book rather than try to get it online as I am not aware if the online sites update immediately or not. I would be easier if they needed a copy as well. I always like to have a paper trail of all I do.

Dragon2650

Reactions
I think that would work fine. I see other logbooks that have too much information that is not needed. Electronically, there are some great sites but if you get asked by the FAA about your logbook, it would be easier to show them the book rather than try to get it online as I am not aware if the online sites update immediately or not. I would be easier if they needed a copy as well. I always like to have a paper trail of all I do.
Agreed, however I always pint it out when the page is full before I move on to the next page, that way I always have a paper copy.

CobraDriver

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Has anybody kept this file? It appears the OP has deleted it from his PC and I would like to work with something like this. I haven't found any others in the site so this is a good option for now

DJI Drone Service

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
finno