DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone lost after losing connection

EmielDrone

Reactions
Hi all,
This is probably the 1000th thread about a lost drone, but i am devasted about it and i feel helpless.

I was flying my drone at 200m and 30m high , suddenly the connection starts to get bad, what shoudn't happen at 200m , and that was the last i saw from my drone.
I have waited for the drone to return home (return home height was set at 30m), but it did not. So then i went searching and went to the "find my drone" location. But it was nowhere to be seen.
So after googling the internet, i was looking for my flight logs, but I didnt find any about that flight?
I have been searching for hours at the location where it is supposed to be and on the supposed flight path.
But next to the "find my drone location" is a small creek. So i am thinking it somehow fell into the water. I wish i knew how because the trees in the area are not 30m high.

Do you guys DJI will cover this as a technical mistake? Or did I just lose 400 Euro?

Thanks in advance for helping me out!
And also i want to apologise for my bad English.

Kind regards,
Emiel

First post, bad news, but welcome anyway Emiel.

You'll need to post the TXT for the flight, it should be in the DJI folder on your device, follow instructions here . . .

What drone ?
If anything but a Mini, you should be able to locate the DAT file too . . . there is a sub folder in that same folder with the DAT files.
If there is a DAT for the flight, post that as an attachment.

If your drone was a mini, the DAT might be there, or it might have been automatically deleted bt the Fly app after syncing (auto or manual sync).
If so, don't worry, the TXT might be enough for the flight analysts to get some info to assist.

You might get info that could see a potential warranty claim.
Also, you might get some help with where to look.

Good luck.

welcome to the forum,sorry you lost your drone,hope you can get things sorted out

Thanks alot to the both of you!

I got the files and shared them with DJI.
Tomorrow or the day after I will probably get more information.

For now I am gonna search for the drone.

Reactions: old man mavic
Thanks alot to the both of you!

I got the files and shared them with DJI.
Tomorrow or the day after I will probably get more information.

For now I am gonna search for the drone.

You might get some information back from DJI, but they are not going to attempt to figure out where your drone went. If you want assistance with that then I suggest that you post the logs here.

It should be this file , its the right time and date.
Its gonna rain in 45 mins so let's hope someone can help me quickly :p
Thanks again!

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-04-05_[19-14-21].txt
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
It should be this file , its the right time and date.
Its gonna rain in 45 mins so let's hope someone can help me quickly :p
Thanks again!

I haven't figured out exactly what happened, but it looks like it came down right at the edge of the tree line in the corner of the field, north of the return flight path.

1586184038479.png

Yeah that is the spot i have been searching the most. Its Also the spot where my gps says is it .
But it is not there :(

I didnt knew it flew so far above the forest. And you can see it started returning home somehow. So that is good to know.

Yeah that is the spot i have been searching the most. Its Also the spot where my gps says is it .
But it is not there :(

I didnt knew it flew so far above the forest. And you can see it started returning home somehow. So that is good to know.

I'm pretty sure it's there, but it may be hidden in the vegetation. The data show it at approximately ground level.

It probably fell into a creek then... Tomorrow I will put on a drysuit on and check it out.

The vegetation I checked for hours, and if it is at ground lvl, I would have seen it.

Is it possible the gps is off ?

It probably fell into a creek then... Tomorrow I will put on a drysuit on and check it out.

The vegetation I checked for hours, and if it is at ground lvl, I would have seen it.

Is it possible the gps is off ?

I think the position data are probably pretty good. You might want to take a look around 15 meters SE of the GPS location - the IMU inertial calculations put it there relative to the GPS position.

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Hope you find the drone. If it’s hung in one of those tres it’s going to be difficult to see.

Can you see the drone decended or something? And did it say anything about rotor troubles?
It suddenly fell like a rock in the end... "Motor Blocked" messages was generated in the very end but that was at ground level.

Hi all,
This is probably the 1000th thread about a lost drone, but i am devasted about it and i feel helpless.

I was flying my drone at 200m and 30m high , suddenly the connection starts to get bad, what shoudn't happen at 200m , and that was the last i saw from my drone.
I have waited for the drone to return home (return home height was set at 30m), but it did not. So then i went searching and went to the "find my drone" location. But it was nowhere to be seen.
So after googling the internet, i was looking for my flight logs, but I didnt find any about that flight?
I have been searching for hours at the location where it is supposed to be and on the supposed flight path.
But next to the "find my drone location" is a small creek. So i am thinking it somehow fell into the water. I wish i knew how because the trees in the area are not 30m high.

Do you guys DJI will cover this as a technical mistake? Or did I just lose 400 Euro?

Thanks in advance for helping me out!
And also i want to apologise for my bad English.

Kind regards,
Emiel
Do you use Airdata? This can give you a more precise location, I’m around all day “who isn’t “

It suddenly fell like a rock in the end.
And like a rock or.. Water ?
Yeah... It fell like rain... "water" ?, free fall, kind of.
Well thats sad, i can go fishing tomorrow then lol

Emiel, you may have understood @slup info above.

Fell like a rock, he means it fell fast and straight down, the info following does not mean that it went into water . . .

As he and sar104 mentioned, it's near the ground / on the ground, and look good 15m SE of where the GPS said, radiate out in a circle from that point, and good luck.

Reactions: EmielDrone
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf