DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Operator paper work (on hand)

Joe4flight

Reactions
A short while ago, a drone pilot posted a doc that he carries with him when he flies his drone just in case anyone approaches that has an issue with his hobby. I printed the doc and was going to fill in the customized info related to me and my drone. However, two of the fill in boxes were confusing to me.
Here they all are:
1. Certified Remote Pilot Certificate #
2. FAA Registration #
3. Aircraft Serial #
4. His American Modelers Assoc. #

I understand 2 and 3, but what is 1 and 4?

Does everyone have 1 and 4? If yes, where do you get these certificates/numbers?
Thx!!

I am UK & made laminated card with my name, operator ID & expiry date on it. Handy to carry if anyone wants to question me.

A short while ago, a drone pilot posted a doc that he carries with him when he flies his drone just in case anyone approaches that has an issue with his hobby. I printed the doc and was going to fill in the customized info related to me and my drone. However, two of the fill in boxes were confusing to me.
Here they all are:
2. FAA Registration #
3. Aircraft Serial #

Does everyone have 1 and 4? If yes, where do you get these certificates/numbers?
Thx!!
his 107 certificate and his AMA membership

No, everybody does not have 1 or 4. 1 is if you're a commercial pilot using your drone for profit. 4 is if you're a member of the club that flies model airplanes.

In the U.S. you could just print out the FAA registration certificate for you or your drone from their website. Has all the info necessary.

Reactions: Erk469
Here they all are:
2. FAA Registration #
3. Aircraft Serial #

Thx!!
I carry all four.

So you all are carrying this and providing it, "just in case anyone approaches that has an issue with his hobby."?

There's absolutely no way I'd be sharing my personal information or certificate numbers with a disgruntled citizen. Anyone can go online and do an "Airman Inquiry" search which reveals your full legal name with current address, and cert number.

I'd keep those on hand to provide a LEO or FAA inspector only. But for a random person, I'd consider having a sheet that explains that you indeed have a current #1-4 and where they can find more info on drone regs, just without your name or numbers provided on the sheet. I can see that going south when the wrong person gets a hold of your info and makes it personal, no matter how legally you were flying. Imagine, the president of an HOA that has a personal vendetta towards drones... The butthurt is real with some people. Just my 2 cents.

EDIT: If any Part 107 pilots don't want their address made public, you can opt out online here:

If nothing else, it will prevent future spam mail, as anyone can go on their website and download the entire airman database, which is a marketer/spammer's dream.

Last edited:
Just being able to quickly show someone I am legal without giving them the opportunity to copy my details is fine with me, haven't had the need to do it yet but nice to know I can.

Whether or not I am licensed or my drones are registered is not a concern for me to discuss with JoeSh*tTheRagman. But the documentation is on hand for proper presentation to authorities (or client) upon request.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo