DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Pilot Wings?

Darkbrood

Reactions
Wouldn't it be kinda cool to get "Remote Pilot in Command" Wings after passing your 107 Cert? Does anyone think thats something that would come up in the future? Is there anything already out there like that? I think it would be kinda neat, I hear the exam is hard.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Classic flyer
Wouldn't it be kinda cool to get "Remote Pilot in Command" Wings after passing your 107 Cert? Does anyone think thats something that would come up in the future? Is there anything already out there like that? I think it would be kinda neat, I hear the exam is hard.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
The TEST is very easy and the wings really would be cool

Johnsons has really high quality wings, I have sent my design to them and asked for a quote will update this thread when I hear back from them, I took a photo of the Sr Pilot Wings and PhotoshoppedUASSrWings.png my design on the face plate.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_3870.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_3870.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Reactions: Classic flyer
I went ahead and got the entire “dress up” ensemble ;-)

1z4iwjk.jpg

Huh. When I was flying actual planes from within the cockpit, we never got wings nor had any use for them. I mean, wouldn't they look sort of out-of-place pinned to a T-shirt rather than the entire uniform?

Huh. When I was flying actual planes from within the cockpit, we never got wings nor had any use for them. I mean, wouldn't they look sort of out-of-place pinned to a T-shirt rather than the entire uniform?
But wouldn't they make a nice monento of your achievement...getting 107 certified

But wouldn't they make a nice monento of your achievement...getting 107 certified

I think a monento is some sort of Italian ice cream treat.

A memento from getting a pilot's license is... the pilot's license itself.

I have a drawerful of wings from when I was a kid and pilots on commercial flights let kids into the cockpit then gave you wings to pin on. By the time I was in high school and flying myself, I had enough charts, E6B computers, pencils, and other assorted flying stuff that I needed to tote around that the last thing I wanted was some other thing I had to deal with.

I will note that in my personal view, actually pinning wings onto myself would have been highly-effective girl repellent and I was not interested in that. My wife, who was herself flying at the same time, has confirmed this. YMMV.

If wings make you happy, get some.

Reactions: Cymruflyer and lrsn

I have a drawerful of wings from when I was a kid and pilots on commercial flights let kids into the cockpit then gave you wings to pin on. By the time I was in high school and flying myself, I had enough charts, E6B computers, pencils, and other assorted flying stuff that I needed to tote around that the last thing I wanted was some other thing I had to deal with.

I will note that in my personal view, actually pinning wings onto myself would have been highly-effective girl repellent and I was not interested in that. My wife, who was herself flying at the same time, has confirmed this. YMMV.

Smart phone...some times it displays a 3rd grade education...sorry your life is so

Some times the smart phone really isn't...sorry your life is so drab...and I will get some and put them on my key ring...peace

sorry your life is so drab

Eh. My life's not so drab that I need a plastic wings pin for anything. I have other sources of pride and enjoyment, including actually flying my Mavic.

The FAA has never handed out wings for anything and is never going to do so. The military does hand out wings, but they're really big on all sorts of regalia and have a need for clear designators of rank and role that aren't necessary in civilian life.

I've literally never heard of anyone putting wings on a key ring, and I grew up in the USAF and have always been surrounded by pilots. That's a new one on me.

As I said, if wings make you happy, get some.

Reactions: Cymruflyer
Eh. My life's not so drab that I need a plastic wings pin for anything. I have other sources of pride and enjoyment, including actually flying my Mavic.

The FAA has never handed out wings for anything and is never going to do so. The military does hand out wings, but they're really big on all sorts of regalia and have a need for clear designators of rank and role that aren't necessary in civilian life.

I've literally never heard of anyone putting wings on a key ring, and I grew up in the USAF and have always been surrounded by pilots. That's a new one on me.

As I said, if wings make you happy, get some.
You are totally awsome

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica