DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Position Indicator at Bottom of DJI Fly Screen - Not Working

Piper J3

Reactions
I flew today (maybe 20th time) with mini iPad3. Today the Drone Position Indicator at bottom of screen was red color and didn’t show where drone was relative to controller. Was working up until today…

Any ideas?

Need to rest compass in your device. Move it in a figure 8 facing you making sure it completes a 360. Should work then.

Reactions: magman
Thank you for compass clibration info . I will also do IMU. Something to do in the morning....

Thank you for compass clibration info . I will also do IMU. Something to do in the morning....
Don't do a IMU unless asked to do so, the factory one is a better than most can do..if you don't understand the proper procedures you will more than likely make it worse. BTW the Compass Cal was for device not Aircraft that was cited just making sure ;). BTW I hail from Ohio.

Reactions: magman
Your orientation display is working but the magnetic fields that are part of the controller are deflecting the compass in your phone or tablet which causes the display to show incorrectly.
The compass calibration you need to do is for the phone/tablet compass, not the drone's.
Or you could try turning the phone/tablet around 180 degrees to see if that positions the compass sensor further away from the cause of the issue.

I flew today (maybe 20th time) with mini iPad3. Today the Drone Position Indicator at bottom of screen was red color and didn’t show where drone was relative to controller. Was working up until today…

Any ideas?
I was having the same problem and if you just give it a wiggle to wake up the phone or iPad it should come right back on.. Let me know if this works. It doesn't take much.

Reactions: boblui
I was having the same problem and if you just give it a wiggle to wake up the phone or iPad it should come right back on.. Let me know if this works. It doesn't take much.
I'm not being funny here, but how about a hop...do you think that would work? Stomping both feet one after the other?

It turned red ( with a slash across a rectangle at the center ? ) because the app could not get the GPS / compass data from the phone. It has nothing to do with calibration of any kinds.

Make sure that the app is allowed to access the GPS / compass data in the setting. The compass can go to sleep if the ipad is kept stationary for some time. Move it a bit will solve the problem.

This is a good video on the subject :

Reactions: Capt KO
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake