DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Range

mini_pilot14

Reactions
Hello Everyone, I was wondering which Mavic drones have the longest range, or if there is a list of DJI Mavic and Air series ranges for each drone. Thank you.

To start with you should stay in sight of your drone.
No matter what .
Other than that depending on the environment you are flying it
all depends on your flying experience. You can search in here in
different threads and see some go for miles.
look in YouTube for distance videos and you will see.
In my experience the MP and the M2P will go as far as they advertise. But you must consider your conditions. Wind, interference and so on. Do not go out and experiment till
you learn the laws and then be advised it’s all on you.
Mess up and it’s all on you.

Last edited:
I suppose it can depend on what you mean by range. I could set my Air 2S to follow me (off to the side where I can see it), and then walk until it runs out of battery (while keeping it in sight the whole time). That would be one kind of range, and how far we could go depends on how fast I can walk for 20+ minutes. But if you mean launching it and then seeing how far away it can get from you, then see the previous post.

Mavic 3 has the longest flight range

Hello Everyone, I was wondering which Mavic drones have the longest range, or if there is a list of DJI Mavic and Air series ranges for each drone. Thank you.
VLOS is only 1500ft in the day with the small drones. Better range helps with getting signal, gps easier, such as, my mavic air compared to my pro platinum.

You can go to the DJI website and check the specs of all drones, you can even make a comparison of all of them but the longest range will be the same for all. VLOS
The Goggles video shows racing down a winding canyon sold me on them
Was that VLOS? I don't think so
Spotter or not

Have you seen it? The two kids racing in the park canyon.

VLOS is only 1500ft in the day with the small drones. Better range helps with getting signal, gps easier, such as, my mavic air compared to my pro platinum.
You can see Minis a lot farther than that with an Arc V strobe.

Perhaps, even 1.2 miles (2 km), although I've never gone out that far.

Yet...

;-)

MM

Reactions: Xitor
The Goggles video shows racing down a winding canyon sold me on them
Was that VLOS? I don't think so
Spotter or not

Have you seen it? The two kids racing in the park canyon.
No I haven't, but do you agree with me that because you can do it doesn't mean that is lawful right? At the end is up to you but you'll face the consequences.

Reactions: HighlandsVideo
depending on which app U use mp will go as far as the battery will last but could be considered illeagle

how far do you need !! :eek:

I suppose it can depend on what you mean by range. I could set my Air 2S to follow me (off to the side where I can see it), and then walk until it runs out of battery (while keeping it in sight the whole time). That would be one kind of range, and how far we could go depends on how fast I can walk for 20+ minutes. But if you mean launching it and then seeing how far away it can get from you, then see the previous post.
Keep in mind that if you do that and have not made your home point dynamic……when the battery gets low, it will return to where you started from unless you cancel it’s return.

WDK

Keep in mind that if you do that and have not made your home point dynamic……when the battery gets low, it will return to where you started from unless you cancel it’s return.

WDK
Good point. I never run my batteries that low anyway so it was a theoretical exercise for me, but important in case I (or someone else) ever tries it.

My m2p can go about 28kft round trip but always try and maintain visual line of sight these are lipo batteries so you always run the risk of them catching fire or exploding if it crash lands on fire an no one had visual line of sight you can set a field on fire without knowing.

No I haven't, but do you agree with me that because you can do it doesn't mean that is lawful right? At the end is up to you but you'll face the consequences.
Yes I agree with you 100%

But,
Common sense is always a plus don't you think?
A busy beach VS an island with miles and miles of just water
Still the same rules for you no matter what?

Just an idea
HTH

Reactions: Faster
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura