Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone registration for Romania

Seekso

Reactions
Hello guys !

I'm new here but already have a question :p
Please excuse my english !

I planed a trip in Romania in september and of course I want to go there with my brand new Mavic Pro.
I already asked to a member of this forum (thank you Dragos - Capra Vecinului for your excellent explanations).
As I understood I need to have my Mavic registered because the weight is more than 500 grams (max limit in Romania).

It seems that the registration can be done in another country than Romania and of course I would like to register mine in my own country.
Does anyone know if a registering path exists in France or do I really have to register it in Romania ?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers.

Good luck with that. I emailed all the required documents and filled in forms to the email address for registration [email protected] back in mid march 2017 . Tried to chase via email and call them like 10 times, nobody picks up the phone or answers the emails, i basically lost 100 euros adn fly without the registration since its impossible to get.

i'd be more worried about the tigani trying to steal my drone.

lol

Hello guys !

Thanks for your answers ! If I understand well it's pretty impossible to register our drones in time ?
So it could be possible to fly without registration if I respect some basic rules ?
I would like to fly only in mountains as I'm interested in landscapes photographs only.

And about tigani... As in every country (even in France) we have to be careful ! :p

Reactions: dragos28
Hello guys !

Thanks for your answers ! If I understand well it's pretty impossible to register our drones in time ?
So it could be possible to fly without registration if I respect some basic rules ?
I would like to fly only in mountains as I'm interested in landscapes photographs only.

And about tigani... As in every country (even in France) we have to be careful ! :p

all romania drone owners i know fly without registration because the administration is ineffective. They make up rules and processes but then their is no one there to manage the registration process.

Use common sense and avoid flying in Bucharest which is highly controlled airspace.

Its' a tough one unless you fly a drone weighting less than 500 g, then you will avoid the registration part.
I found a cool app during my research which shows Romania's restricted spaces & help fly safely.

Romania_drone_fly_map.png

I also discovered that if you wanna take pics or vids, you need an authrisation from the Ministry of Defense - http://www.caa.ro/media/docs/A.3.6_c_HG_912-2010_Anexa_2.pdf

I tried to sum it all up via this post blog post & hope it will help you.
I'm speaking tonight with a local droner to check it out!

As i previously said, having lived in Romania the past 4 years and gone through the registration process with not result except loosing 90 Euros because they have no one on the other end actually managing the applications meaning my request is probably in an archive box somewhere gathering dust, no one will arrest you for flying a drone reasonably outside of no fly zones. I did it many times and at low altitude also in bucharest which is full of police patrols and no one cares.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa