DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Registration - It’s time for this to stop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

51 Drones

Reactions
I get too many messages from my viewers telling me that they paid $40 or more to register their drones. It’s time to put an end to this garbage!

We get this question a lot too. Other than education, and outlets like your channel, I don't really see a way to stop this. If it's an outright scam, they can be shut down. But so many of these shysters actually register your drone, and you're "only" paying for the stickers they send or the convenience of not having to do it yourself.

Both of which are obviously nonsense. Especially the convenience factor.

The slightest bit of research will reveal that the FAA is the only legit site for drone registrations. If one is unwilling to do even that much, I find it hard to sympathize with them too much. Yes, the scammer sites are slimy, but come on people, do your homework! Thanks to Russ for the study guide!

I registered through the FAA I never heard of the people beaing scamed I have been scammed just recently though. It needs to stop

I've seen all kinds of websites offering to do things that you can do yourself directly. They are middle men scammers who make their web site look like the official site. These scammed, super lazy people just click on the first site that offers them the service they are looking for without any thought or concern about the cost or their own security. How people can be so careless or lackadaisical is beyond me. It's like they are deer in headlights. The first site they see, they get mesmerized and click on it. Many of you have probably seen scam sights that look like the credit card company or bank that you use, when they aren't. All you have to do, to know it's not the real site is look at the address bar. It ,may say the name of your bank or card, but it will have other identifying information that gives it away as a scam site. Even when you go to these sites and look closely, it becomes even more obvious. Anyway, whatever. Stupid is as stupid does.

Reactions: AZDave
Yeah..you have to hunt for the actual site. It is what it is...a bunch of scammers trying to use every angle. Once you find the correct site save it in your bookmarks.
The same thing occurs with user manuals which used to be easy to find from the actual manufacturer.

Reactions: Rockgrip
I dealt directly with FAA...as I am sure most have,.....the only surprise was how easy and quickly it worked out
Hi Mark, I'm a new member and first time owner of the Mavic Air 2. Really excited. Currently I'm in India but traveling [soon - fingers crossed] to the US to spend quality time with my son and daughter and their respective families. I plan to use the drone while there hence need to register it with FAA. How do I find the Remote ID details and what type it is? Look forward to your guidance. You can also email me at [email protected] Cheers, K

They will probably start this with the TRUST test. It's free. Many people I know are not very computer savvy. My 85 year old friend is this way and so are a lot of folks at my flying clubs.

Hi Mark, I'm a new member and first time owner of the Mavic Air 2. Really excited. Currently I'm in India but traveling [soon - fingers crossed] to the US to spend quality time with my son and daughter and their respective families. I plan to use the drone while there hence need to register it with FAA. How do I find the Remote ID details and what type it is? Look forward to your guidance. You can also email me at [email protected] Cheers, K
If your drone is registered in your country ....you have to contact FAA to see about using it here... I do not believe that you will be able to "just register" it here

If your drone is registered in your country ....you have to contact FAA to see about using it here... I do not believe that you will be able to "just register" it here
Apologies Mark, for a delayed response. The only purpose of registering [read: informing] FAA is because I would like to use the drone, purely for personal puposes, NO commercial at all, when travling in the US. I believe I am supposed to inform them. Know anything about this? Cheers, shivy

Apologies Mark, for a delayed response. The only purpose of registering [read: informing] FAA is because I would like to use the drone, purely for personal puposes,
What I would also suggest is that you register the drone. It only costs $5 and allows you to fly a drone over 250g in the US. While the Mini is around 240g, if you add something like landing gear or lights it will take it over 250g.

WoW...that was a quick response. At the moment I am having difficulty locating the Remote ID of my Mavic Air2. A FAA requirement. Online it states to download the DJI Fly App. Installed. But it won't allow me to sign up. I'm using an Android phone. Jesus Christ, I've no idea what's going on !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11