DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone registration question

BSauce955

Inspire or be Inspired
Approved Vendor
Reactions
So I don't have a Part 107 license yet. However, I do want to register my drone. I'm currently studying for my Part 107 license, but I don't have it yet. So on the FAA drone registration website, it asks whether I'm flying with a Part 107 license or not (essentially). So which should I select and will I have to re-register my drone after getting the license?

Reactions: Droniac
You can register on the Part 107 side and still fly it recreationally. Go ahead and do it on the Part 107 side so you're covered either way.

You can register on the Part 107 side and still fly it recreationally. Go ahead and do it on the Part 107 side so you're covered either way.
Thanks!

Would you happen to know if the Air 2S broadcasts FAA remote ID information? Also, is it a standard remote I.D. or is it a remote I.D. broadcast moduler?

Would you happen to know if the Air 2S broadcasts FAA remote ID information? Also, is it a standard remote I.D. or is it a remote I.D. broadcast moduler?

No UAS currently broadcasts what the FAA is going to require for Remote ID. DJI has their version built it and it MAY or MAY NOT fit the final recipe for the FAA. The details have not been finalized yet so NO current aircraft is capable as of yet.

Reactions: NG Wildman
Howdy- Any recent update to the RID issue? Like the OP, I'll be taking my 107 exam down the road, but I'd like to add a couple of strobes to my Mini 2 soon, moving it into registration territory, and I guess I'll have to answer the RID question in the registration app. Thanks for any insight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anchorhavasu