DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone repair

JW SRQ

Reactions
My Drone Mavic Air lost control and crashed in salt water.
I was able to retrieve i. I rinsed it with clear water and let dry for 5 days.
I put a battery in and it started to smoke real bad. I Immediately removed the battery.
is is worth attempting to send it in for repair. If It can not be repaired, what a good source to by a used one ?

Welcome to the forum, all be it under such a circumstance.

I wouldn't bother with it, sounds like the battery shorted something out, could be just a battery, but all that circuitry on board the aircraft ?
Nah, you could never trust it again.

The Air being obsolete it's probably be a case of sell any other batteries and accessories for what you can get, then purchase a new package, Air2 / Air 2s, Mini 2, whatever you think fits your needs.

Keeping an eye out of the forum classifieds here would be very worthwhile, many are upgrading now to newer aircraft, and you can find good deals for Air 2, other models, usually reasonable packages coming up regularly.

All the best with staying in the hobby whatever you decide.

Unfortunately, salt water is very bad for electronics.

No matter how dry and clean you think it is, the salt residue left behind will slowly eat away at the electronics until failure. Hopefully not during a flight.

If you did send it in, I would think it would have to be gutted and refitted with all new stuff. Motors, boards, sensors, etc.

Might as well purchase a new one at that point. Maybe a Mavic Air 2?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61