Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone SAR training on 30 Mar

RCdancer

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Site
www.dronesar.info
Thunderdrones, FatherXmas and myself (the 3 Musketeers) were in Mentone planning the free SAR training happening on Mar 30th. It's a great place to fly. 18 spots are gone with 2 spaces left if anyone still wants to attend (message me if you want to attend - open to any pilot regardless of experience.) It's gonna be a killer time with a ton of useful info for attendees. Pray that we are blessed with good weather. Here's the schedule as it's coming together:
  • We start at 9 AM sharp
  • Intro to everyone
  • 1 hour Briefing
  • Litchi waypoint flight planning
  • Litchi demo flight
  • Demo flight of Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual thermal
  • Demo of Moverio Smart Glasses
  • Catered lunch
  • Practical exercises with 2 stations: (1) under supervision, waypoint planning and flight to try and find a vehicle (you are of course free to use DJI Go if you prefer), and (2) under supervision, FPV flight (using either Litchi of DJI Go) over a field with tall grass to try and find an unconscious person and identify the GPS coordinates
  • Demo use of DJI Goggles for camera observation
We're gonna try and get everyone to fly both stations twice.

Attachments

• IMG_7461.JPG
    IMG_7461.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 48
Thunderdrones, FatherXmas and myself (the 3 Musketeers) were in Mentone planning the free SAR training happening on Mar 30th. It's a great place to fly. 18 spots are gone with 2 spaces left if anyone still wants to attend (message me if you want to attend - open to any pilot regardless of experience.) It's gonna be a killer time with a ton of useful info for attendees. Pray that we are blessed with good weather. Here's the schedule as it's coming together:
  • We start at 9 AM sharp
  • Intro to everyone
  • 1 hour Briefing
  • Litchi demo flight
  • Catered lunch
  • Practical exercises with 2 stations: (1) under supervision, waypoint planning and flight to try and find a vehicle (you are of course free to use DJI Go if you prefer), and (2) under supervision, FPV flight (using either Litchi of DJI Go) over a field with tall grass to try and find an unconscious person and identify the GPS coordinates
Hats off to Bob for organizing, and Charlie for hosting everything. And thank you to JD for playing the victim

Reactions: TR Ganey
Sounds like an outstanding event coming together.

Reactions: TR Ganey
Tonight I am going to our local SAR here in Bullhead. Presently they are off road jeeps / 4WD vehicles only and boats for searching the Colorado river. There seems to be an interest in expanding into drones. I am going to a monthly SAR meeting which is open to the public.
The environment here in the summer is harsh with daytime temperatures here usually 115° F to 125° F rarely but possible. A very few hours in the summer turns from a search to recovery.
I will probably be back with a lot of questions and start another thread.

• We start at 9 AM sharp
  • Intro to everyone
  • 1 hour Briefing
  • Litchi demo flight
  • Catered lunch
you sent out an mission video for training, can you re-send it, Please!

@RCdancer can you help with location etc details? :)

I am not sure if there are any spots open?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike