Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Drone stuck in tree in Split, Croatia

Vrb

Reaction score
Hi,

Currently on vacation in Croatia and had my drone get stuck on a tree. I have the GPS coordinates but I can't see the drone from the ground at that location.

I'm going to try to climb the tree but I'm very weary to do so due to not having clear visual on the drone yet and due to not being an avid tree climber.

Any tips on how I can get it down or maybe if there's someone I can hire here to do so? I don't speak the language so it's quite hard to see if there's a service out there to help me out.

Thanks

Vrb

Reaction score
Coordinates: 43.520179, 16.438219

Was flying in a park and got it stuck on a tree. Didn't have enough time to recover it due to a flight I have to catch ;(

Looks like it's gonna rain tonight so it's probably gonna be gone but I guess it'll be here till someone recovers it.

Screenshot is the last image I got from the camera

Attachments

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
WELCOME to the forum :)

Sorry about your aircraft getting stuck in a tree. Someone "might" find it and be able to reach out to you. Is your name & # on the aircraft?

Vrb

Reaction score
WELCOME to the forum :)

Sorry about your aircraft getting stuck in a tree. Someone "might" find it and be able to reach out to you. Is your name & # on the aircraft?
Thanks for the welcome :) .

Unfortunately I did not, it's pretty much gone now since it's going to rain pretty bad tonight. Can you move the thread to Lost & Found? I think it might be more appropriate there.

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome :) .

Unfortunately I did not, it's pretty much gone now since it's going to rain pretty bad tonight. Can you move the thread to Lost & Found? I think it might be more appropriate there.
It's a done deal. Hopefully someone in the area is a member here and is able to assist.

Good luck and SAFE travels :)
Allen

passedpawn

Reaction score
Hi,

Currently on vacation in Croatia and had my drone get stuck on a tree. I have the GPS coordinates but I can't see the drone from the ground at that location.

I'm going to try to climb the tree but I'm very weary to do so due to not having clear visual on the drone yet and due to not being an avid tree climber.

Any tips on how I can get it down or maybe if there's someone I can hire here to do so? I don't speak the language so it's quite hard to see if there's a service out there to help me out.

Thanks
If you can find another person with a drone, maybe you can solicit their help at least finding the drone in the tree. Don't get theirs stuck up there too :)

[nevermind, it's gone]

Last edited:

bliksem

Reaction score
I got mine stuck about 30' up. I lashed 2 16' telescoping swimming pool poles together and scooped the drone out the tree, tense moments as the weight at the end of a 32' pole magnifies forces significantly 🤣

Cliveburg

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks
I was in Croatia 3 weeks ago. Most of them speak good English.

Nakita Mosquita

Reaction score
We’re in Croatia next spring and in Split. Send pic of the tree. / gps co-ordinates. Did you take video / pics in Croatia?

SoCalSteve

Reaction score
I'm heading to Europe on Saturday. Part of my trip will take me to Dubrovnik, but I'm trying to work in Split. If you want to DM me whatever details, photos, etc you have then I'll go on a quick hunt for it. I love geocaching and this would totally take my game to the next level!

What model and color was it?

Vrb

Reaction score
It's a done deal. Hopefully someone in the area is a member here and is able to assist.

Good luck and SAFE travels :)
Allen
Unfortunately. Thanks!

I was in Croatia 3 weeks ago. Most of them speak good English.
Yes most do! I did talk to my hostel's host and a cop but neither could think of any service or place I may go to solicit help, plus due to having a flight I was limited on time.

We’re in Croatia next spring and in Split. Send pic of the tree. / gps co-ordinates. Did you take video / pics in Croatia?
I'm heading to Europe on Saturday. Part of my trip will take me to Dubrovnik, but I'm trying to work in Split. If you want to DM me whatever details, photos, etc you have then I'll go on a quick hunt for it. I love geocaching and this would totally take my game to the next level!

What model and color was it?
My response to the both of you -

I have attached a picture of the tree that I believe it is stuck in. The friend I was with said he saw the drone fall on this tree and the GPS coordinates leads right to the area of the tree that would be the top left area in the image.

Here is a link to my flight logs - DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

The final reported latitude + longitude as stated in the flight logs: 43.52017919, 16.4382189

The drone is a DJI Mavic Air Onyx Black.

THANK YOU for all your guys' help! 🙏

on a side note: If you're in Split I think this area is a great place to launch your drone from. (aslong as you don't get it stuck on a tree) It's in the middle of the city, legal and I rarely saw anyone walk by.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07

AMann

Reaction score
Leave a reward letter/sign with your address in a bag tied to the tree?

Good luck and sorry!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gerard Wilson