DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone trackers for lost drones

droneofarc

Reactions
Anyone use any type of tracker for your drone in case you have a flyaway or lost one in general? If so what have you found to be the best one, and if you have used it on a Mavic Pro 2?

I saw this on the DJI website.

Reactions: Droniac
I use the Trackimo GPS tracker as well, it seems to be quite accurate in the positioning.
In addtion to "find my drone" Trackimo is an additional source of tracking information to narrow the location of the drone down further and you can send a beep to the drone to help locate it.

mounting at the back, moves it away from the AC antennas in the front legs.
On the Pro 2 it would mount the same way

trackimo mavic pro.jpg

The app is quite informative, I was flying at the beach the other day. Trackimo was set to 1 minute tracking intervals
Tracking intervals can be set from 1 minute to 120 minutes, in normal mode the battery should last between 48 and 96hrs.

1577120721674.png

Last edited:
This did not interfere with he weight distribution for the drone? Have you had to use it to track down your drone?

This did not interfere with he weight distribution for the drone? Have you had to use it to track down your drone?

The weight distribution is not affected as the trackimo is super light at 1.4 oz, I believe it's the lightest GPS tracker available

I have used the TK102 tracker for over 4 years now without any problems. About £12 on Ebay and battery lasts about a week.
I have 3, one for my MPP and 2 on both my motorbikes. I just call the tracker and it texts me a googlemap link of its location. Accurate to a couple of metres.

Reactions: Brack644
Marco Polo has enabled me to find a lost drone, over these past 2 years or so, four different times. The tag ,when fully charged , continues to send out a signal for several days. Marco Polo is somewhat expensive to start with, but well worth it for me, especially since I am usually flying where there is no cell service.

I use a Marco Polo. If you lose the drone in heavy woods, Marco Polo will also let you find the height of the drone if it’s stuck in a tree. Once you’ve located the basic area (or tree), step back 50 or 100 feet and hold the Marco Polo tracker on its side. Look at the angle that the arrow points, and that should intersect the tree at the approximate height of the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji