DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone turning on by itself in case

cknipp

Reactions
How do you keep drone from turning in by itself in case? I have an Air2S and use the shoulder case that came with combo.

While the options of using a different case might stop that, or for sure, remove the battery would prevent it from starting, I think there is another problem. I've never had a drone spontaneously start up while stored and I don't think it should ever do that..

So, I guess the question I have is whether it does this with any battery you might have installed or if its perhaps one battery of the one's you have that might exhibit this issue..

The power button on the battery requires 2 presses to even start the drone when you're ready to fly, let alone spontaneously powering up while sitting in your case waiting for your next flight. If you can determine its not battery related, I would suggest opening an incident with DJI as I think there is some problem that may require repair.

I agree I have never had any drone start on its own. That scary and dangerous. I would be shocked if it was the battery unless something in the case is hitting it like my case doesnt have a a flat pattern it has cones any MAYBE if it was a super tight fit?

I would take it out of the case and see it starts by itself (with various batteries), if not look at the case.

How do you keep drone from turning in by itself in case? I have an Air2S and use the shoulder case that came with combo.
Just store the battery outside the drone. They easily fit!
I had the same problem with my Mavic Air 2 once, after that I always keep the batteries out of the drone while carrying it in the bag.

Reactions: mavictk
Sure, it will never turn on with no battery installed, however the drone should not do that, there is something wrong and while perhaps removing the battery is a reasonable workaround, whatever is causing the problem could eventually manifest itself in some other way, perhaps during flight, which could be an issue, say it decided to turn off.. just because its never happened, doesn't mean it won't..

Perhaps this is a little much for the issue, but these drones should not just power on considering how the batteries are designed, the buttons are indented, so I don't see how an external pressure could push it, and they require multiple pushes to enable power...

Reactions: Jam0ne
I think there is another problem. I've never had a drone spontaneously start up while stored and I don't think it should ever do that..

Exactly, the right quick and long battery press would be almost impossible to replicate, even if the button could be pressed accidentally from outside the case.

Try carrying the drone with each battery that you might own fitted in turn, if you have them numbered take note if it is just the one.
If so, there is possibly some (warrantable) problem with that battery function / circuitry.

I cannot understand why people think this is so unusual. Mine does this if I am not careful. What causes it is the propellers when they are in the folded state. If you look closely the tips of the propellers rest on top of the button on the battery. If you then put the drone in a tight fitting bag or even hard case with foam, it will press the tips of the propellers into the power button. So the solution is to either remove the battery or remove the propellers on the top.

Reactions: mavictk
Haven't had that issue as of yet, though if you don't use a skin or anything there are prop guards for the Air 2S that has a lil bump that goes over the battery button that helps it from getting pressed.

In my case though, having the Phantom Rain cover on the battery it's hard for that button to get pushed against the flat wall of the should bag.

I cannot understand why people think this is so unusual. Mine does this if I am not careful. What causes it is the propellers when they are in the folded state. If you look closely the tips of the propellers rest on top of the button on the battery. If you then put the drone in a tight fitting bag or even hard case with foam, it will press the tips of the propellers into the power button. So the solution is to either remove the battery or remove the propellers on the top.
It takes force to push and hold the power button, merely having the props on top with perhaps some amount of pressure from the outside of the case, I do not think that its going activate the switch and power on the drone.. since it takes "twice" in short order and its a press and hold to power on, and specially not over and over if this is the case, once might be a fluke, but repeatedly is a problem.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
It takes force to push and hold the power button, merely having the props on top with perhaps some amount of pressure from the outside of the case, I do not think that its going activate the switch and power on the drone.. since it takes "twice" in short order and its a press and hold to power on, and specially not over and over if this is the case, once might be a fluke, but repeatedly is a problem.

And try any combination of 2 x button press that's not short then long, not going to happen (or at least you more chance of winning the lottery).

Reactions: Macinfo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair