DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone usage in Belize

Malulo

Reactions
Hello everyone,

I’m a week to go to Belize and heard and read that drones are not allowed for recreational use there, however I do see YouTube videos from a few months ago.

How “forbidden” is to bring a mavic air to Belize.

Thank you in advance!

Placencia... it’s going to be my first time in Belize
Word to the wise, fly Mavic Air (yes it’s a real local airline) from Beliz City to placencia. Cabs are plentiful. We always use a guy named Giovanni (005016081979), independent. We love the southern peninsula as it’s still like Beliz was 10 years ago. Giovanni can hook you up for anything you want to do.

Reactions: Shon
Word to the wise, fly Mavic Air (yes it’s a real local airline) from Beliz City to placencia. Cabs are plentiful. We always use a guy named Giovanni (005016081979), independent. We love the southern peninsula as it’s still like Beliz was 10 years ago. Giovanni can hook you up for anything you want to do.

Thank you so much Thomas, in fact I rented a SUV, love road trips, and I’m aware that can be “adventurous”.

I’m going to contact Giovanni for sure.

The drive to placencia will take 4+ hours and the road is cross by speed bumps, even the rural highways, every few miles and closer when near a community or POI. They are about 10-12 inches tall and 8-10 feet across. Not all are marked and some have signs calling them crosswalks... watch out for them, very unpleasant at any speed. Enjoy the trip!

Hi - I'm doing a 3 country trip (Beliza, Guatemala, and Panama). I understand that you cannot do recreational drone footage in Belize. However, is it a problem entering the country with a drone? Will there be an issue at the airport?

It seems it’s just the roll of the dice! Some ppl get asked others don’t, but I see YouTube videos of drone footage and they aid they didn’t have any issues. I also have a DJI mini too. I’m wanting to take mines too

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa