DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone User Magazine

eckydrone200

Reactions
Just wondering if anyone subscribes to Drone User magazine. I ordered a back copy in magazine format from them and found it to be a really good magazine but unfortunately they don't do a print version now so curious to know what any subscribers think of the digital version i.e. readability etc as I never seem to be able to get in to digital mags. It's a pity though as they look to have a lot of interesting articles.

I subscribed to the magazine at the start of the year. The print copy, as I understand, is not available due to distribution problems with retailers and Covid.
The magazine is easy enough to read in digital form on a laptop and the articles are interesting.
However I don't know whether I will renew the subscription next year at the same price. This year has been a bonus as all back issues are included at no extra charge.

Thanks for your reply, and you're right I did read that the print copy was suspended due to Covid. The back copy I ordered was the one with the article on Chernobyl which was really interesting. If I could just convince myself I would read it on my phone or laptop I would subscribe. Another thought I had was will it keep on going all year and even longer? I must say the chap that runs it is extremely helpful and friendly and his credit card size IDs are perfect as I purchased one for my
A2 CofC. I don't mind the cost and indeed happy to pay it as if the content is as good as the copy I purchased I feel it would be worth every penny as there is a lot of good advice and tips etc.

Subscribed to the digital version earlier this year having been recommended by PigscanFly with whom I did my A2 CofC. Thoroughly professional & enjoyable magazine. It was through them that I learnt about the EASA course & EU qualification in Luxembourg - all free. So I got an EASA A1/A3 card as well having qualified. I have now had confirmation from the authorities in Germany & Austria that I am good to go to fly my drone there, covid restrictions permitting.

Thanks for that info Paul, I think I will take out the digital subscription tonight. I also looked at the EASA course for the EU qualification after seeing the link in an email from Drone User and am still thinking about it but to be honest I doubt if I will use it. Still if it's free there's nothing lost.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580