DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone v Birds - 2 Really Close Calls With A Crow And A Magpie

Good video. Wonder how many non-Aussies know about the reputation of our Magpies! Awesome bird and in breeding season, which is now, they’’ll go for anything that appears to be a threat. Have you considered kitting your drone out with cable ties, like cyclists do to their helmets?

Reactions: Si_Co
Birds are very active early morning, and of course that's a sensible time to consider shooting at a busy place like Victor Harbour.
Just watch use of VH council land (ie don't get caught), bylaw 9.24.2 . . . yep, they joined the drone banishing party a long time ago.

I love the way the seal blends in with the rock its laying on

It's part of a sculpture trail on the small Granite Island, just off the Victor Harbour township.
A thriving little community (retirees, tourists, day visitors) about an hours drive south of Adelaide, capital city of the state of South Australia.

Good video. Wonder how many non-Aussies know about the reputation of our Magpies! Awesome bird and in breeding season, which is now, they’’ll go for anything that appears to be a threat. Have you considered kitting your drone out with cable ties, like cyclists do to their helmets?

RobW01, too funny. I’m a cyclist too. I haven’t resorted to cable ties yet - looks to goofy.
We feed our locals, so no problem. But the Maggies two streets away are from a different gang. Think ‘West Side Story’.

That was too close, glad it didn't end in disaster for both your bird and the actual birds. And just to add to what has been said already, that whale tail is a thing of beauty. Thanks for sharing.

The whale tale represents the area’s whaling history. It’s an iconic Victor Harbor landmark, as is the seal sculpted into the granite boulder.
If you watch the video closely you’ll see that the footage over the granite isn’t very stable - it’s a bit shaken. I must have been getting a lot of interference from the metal in the rocks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair