DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone video color correction with Premiere Pro

Hi...good tutorial. I left a comment on YT...had a couple questions....I'll copy that here: I definitely learned a few things. With the vector scope for color cast, I'm not sure what the target is. Are you trying to move that blob of haze more toward the center? Also, how do you get such smooth playback with 4K? As soon as I add a color correction layer, I cannot play my timeline without rendering it first..and that is too time consuming. I'm on an i7 iMac. Thanks

Reactions: vicvideopic
Hi...good tutorial. I left a comment on YT...had a couple questions....I'll copy that here: I definitely learned a few things. With the vector scope for color cast, I'm not sure what the target is. Are you trying to move that blob of haze more toward the center? Also, how do you get such smooth playback with 4K? As soon as I add a color correction layer, I cannot play my timeline without rendering it first..and that is too time consuming. I'm on an i7 iMac. Thanks
Thank you,
With the vector scope keep an eye on the green to magenta line. If the blob representing the clip is a bit toward the green side, add some maganta, and viceversa, so that it will sit on the middle of that line. Generally only small variations are needed.
Playback in After Effects depends a lot on the quantity of RAM (and other apps being used); I have 32 GB and it does decently, but I will soon increase to 64GB. A good trick is to visualize in Quarter quality instead than Full: you will get many more seconds of pre render with the same amount of RAM

It has to do with Ram on the rendering playback in After Effects. Go to preferences make sure you are allocating 85%-90% of Ram to after effects. I just switched yesterday from 32GB of Ram to 128GB Ram and had to upgrade my Motherboard and processor. I just couldn't stand the lag in rendering at 4k. switch the play back from to 1/4 or 1/3 it will help also. The other option is convert files to 1080 in After effects that not hard lot of youtube videos on it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121