DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Drone video.....without the drone!

Paleomanjim

Reactions
Was vacationing in Alberta Canada 2 weeks ago. Just incredible scenery in Banff and Jasper National Parks, but drones not allowed. I brought along the DJI Osmo 3 Gimbal combined with the iPhone 12 to try to get drone looking footage. After posting the video one guy actually contacted me to inform me that drones are not allowed in Canadian National Parks! This lake was one of the highlights of the trip....

Was vacationing in Alberta Canada 2 weeks ago. Just incredible scenery in Banff and Jasper National Parks, but drones not allowed. I brought along the DJI Osmo 3 Gimbal combined with the iPhone 12 to try to get drone looking footage. After posting the video one guy actually contacted me to inform me that drones are not allowed in Canadian National Parks! This lake was one of the highlights of the trip....
Well done. I have done some fake drone shots. Like yours you would think it was drone footage.. Very nice scenery as well. Thanks for sharing

Well done Paleomanjim, I really enjoyed your video. So for some of the clips that featured "dolly" and "boom-like" movements did you have the gimbal camera on a long selfie stick and then sort of "shuffle along" through the trees raising up the camera for nice reveals of the lake? I can't seem to eliminate the up and down bobbing motion when I use my old Osmo Pocket gimbal for similar shots. Again, great stuff!

Well done Paleomanjim, I really enjoyed your video. So for some of the clips that featured "dolly" and "boom-like" movements did you have the gimbal camera on a long selfie stick and then sort of "shuffle along" through the trees raising up the camera for nice reveals of the lake? I can't seem to eliminate the up and down bobbing motion when I use my old Osmo Pocket gimbal for similar shots. Again, great stuff!
Thanks everyone. I just use the hand held gimbal, no selfie stick. I try to extend my arm out with elbow just slightly bent to provide a smoother approach and to walk about as fast as I can without running. Too fast and the bumps will definetly show up. Also like to try to hold the gimbal as low as possible for some shot to give the sensation of greater speed. Glad you liked it

Reactions: Twocalf

Reactions: Nanny Ogg
Thakyou for the great video.
It prompted me to purchase an Osmo 5 for our Canada trip next may!
Thanks from Southern Aus.
Merry Christmas to all!

Thakyou for the great video.
It prompted me to purchase an Osmo 5 for our Canada trip next may!
Thanks from Southern Aus.
Merry Christmas to all!
Thanks. These gimbals are pretty amazing. I just bought the Osmo 6 and really like it. Used it last week while riding in a Polaris RZR in the desert and video was smooth as silk even though the ride was super bumpy! Merry Christmas!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98