DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DRONE VR2 APP?

Hi i try it litchi with samsung note 20ultra and some glasses from ebay. The result is far from good. You need to get to phone every time you need to change settings. Live feed is also not good quality. Thats my experience i didn't try nothing ealse

DroneVR is very good..... wasn't aware that it now is VR2. You fly with a very fighter pilot like HUD and menus are activated using your assignable button on remote. It really is great and is only limited by the quality of your phone to deliver a good image to your eyeballs.

Reactions: dawgpilot
DroneVR is very good..... wasn't aware that it now is VR2. You fly with a very fighter pilot like HUD and menus are activated using your assignable button on remote. It really is great and is only limited by the quality of your phone to deliver a good image to your eyeballs.
Just tested Drone VR (on the Apple Store there is no VR2?) - works even with the Mavic Air2, thanks for the tip Thumbswayup

One question you may can answer: how do I access the Menu in the HUD from the Mavic Air 2? Just read that the "FN" Button on the remote should invoke the menu, but how can I scroll through the menu and pick options from the list?

Just tested Drone VR (on the Apple Store there is no VR2?) - works even with the Mavic Air2, thanks for the tip Thumbswayup

One question you may can answer: how do I access the Menu in the HUD from the Mavic Air 2? Just read that the "FN" Button on the remote should invoke the menu, but how can I scroll through the menu and pick options from the list?
Its been a few weeks so I am a little fuzzy but ....I believe the FN button activates the menu and then the right stick temporarily becomes dedicated to scrolling and options while the drone just hovers. Up and down for scrolling... left and right for selecting options.

....I believe the FN button activates the menu and then the right stick temporarily becomes dedicated to scrolling and options while the drone just hovers
yes, that's exactly the way!

Now I did my first test flights with Drone VR: is it normal that you cannot activate the FPV mode for the gimbal? At least with my Mavic Air 2 the gimbal will stay horizontal, no matter what I choose in the settings of Drone VR (default/follow/fpv).

Also turns (yaw) are very sharp, looks very "nervous" in the video afterwards - I guess it's due to the fact that the App has no settings for the smoothness for yaw?

yes, that's exactly the way!

Now I did my first test flights with Drone VR: is it normal that you cannot activate the FPV mode for the gimbal? At least with my Mavic Air 2 the gimbal will stay horizontal, no matter what I choose in the settings of Drone VR (default/follow/fpv).

Also turns (yaw) are very sharp, looks very "nervous" in the video afterwards - I guess it's due to the fact that the App has no settings for the smoothness for yaw?
The gimbal is controlled with head tracking inside the app.

I haven't been able to get back to the DroneVR app to do some flying for the last few weeks, but I will try to test today. I do think that the movement can be smoothed out.

The documentation for DroneVR is pitifully thin considering how much work has been put into the UI.

For the left/right yaw I disabled head tracking - so yaw control is only via the sticks.

While reading through another thread here how to use fakegps (UD CE to FCC), maybe this trick works for Drone VR as well?

"
1. The "change" command is given by the application! If the application is not connected, it does not know what kind of area it is in.
2. For obvious safety reasons, it will never reset the radio when it is in flight. So, *never* have the engines off and the application on. ...

Take-off:
1. Phone connected to RC and ready but keep the phone turned off, no application turned on (if you have Android it might start the application alone so do not connect it at all)
2. Start the drone
3. Wait for a few seconds until the green LEDs flash
4. Use the sticks combo to start the engines (no need to take off, just start spinning the propellers slowly on the ground)
5. From this moment, the status of the drone is "in flight" so you can easily start the application and it will not reset the radio.

"

Assuming when starting motors with DJI Fly app connected, yaw setting for speed/smooth should apply as set in the DJI app - and when now killing DJI Fly and start Drone VR, maybe setting will remain?

Pls let me know after testing today - I really like flying with Drone VR, head-up display information are very good, but doesn't make sense if I end up with jerky video afterwards.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000