DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone won't turn off

Fr3dZ

Reactions
Hello all

Got my new M2P 3 days ago and have come up against an issue I can't resolve.

I can't seem to turn off the drone.

To clarify: I tap the power button on top of the battery then press and hold it for 2-3 seconds (single LED flashes) then release. The light on the battery turns off but the drone stays running. The rear lights flash RGY and the front lights stay red. If I attempt to power the battery up again the battery light turns on but nothing changes on the drone and the controller won't connect. The only option I have is to remove the battery with the battery light off. But after i charge the battery and insert it again into the drone the drone powers up immediately and the controller connects.

To the best of my knowledge all firmware updates have been applied via the DJI app on my phone.

As this is my first ever drone I don't know if this is an actual fault or something I can tend to myself.

Your comments would be most helpful.

Regards

Fred

Reactions: Dronage
It's probably more practice needed at the slightly tricky battery on/off technique.
If not call DJI for return it sound like a potentially dangerous fault if it powers up with battery turned off.
Do you have another battery? It could be that which is faulty.

The rear lights flash RGY and the front lights stay red
Per the Mavic 2 manual, that means the aircraft is performing self-diagnostic tests. You should wait until that alternating blink pattern stops before attempting to power off the battery.

Reactions: WAXMAN and DDS
I
Hello all

To clarify: I tap the power button on top of the battery then press and hold it for 2-3 seconds (single LED flashes) then release. The light on the battery turns off but the drone stays running. The rear lights flash RGY and the front lights stay red. If I attempt to power the battery up again the battery light turns on but nothing changes on the drone and the controller won't connect. The only option I have is to remove the battery with the battery light off. But after i charge the battery and insert it again into the drone the drone powers up immediately and the controller connects.

To the best of my knowledge all firmware updates have been applied via the DJI app on my phone.

As this is my first ever drone I don't know if this is an actual fault or something I can tend to myself.

Regards

Fred
I had a similar issue with one of mine, but intermittent. I went to a DJI store, but can’t show it was doing that. If you take it to a DJI store or take a video and send it to DJI Support, try to get a replacement. A friend thinks maybe the MOSFET isn’t switching off properly. The guy at the DJI store said to try to downgrade firmware of drone battery and upgrade again. I rather get a replacement if it’s still under warranty.

It's probably more practice needed at the slightly tricky battery on/off technique.
If not call DJI for return it sound like a potentially dangerous fault if it powers up with battery turned off.
Do you have another battery? It could be that which is faulty.

Unfortunately not yet. This was a 60th birthday present from my wife as she knew that I wanted one to assist me with my hunting. Getting a little old now to be clambering around in the bush in the hope of find an animal. Now I just search for clearings with animals on them. Then I just have to work out how to get to them.

Have just tested this morning after the battery has been on charge all night and the drone powered up immediately again.

I've logged the fault with DJI. I'll order a fly more kit in the comming days.

And I was having so much fun learning how to fly my M2P as well. It's taking me a lot to come to grips with not seeing the drone in flight and having to rely on the map or camera. But today is only day 4, so I have a long ways to go.

Regards

Fred

Hello all

Regards

Fred
Try pushing the button twice, like when you turn the drone on.

Unfortunately not yet. This was a 60th birthday present from my wife as she knew that I wanted one to assist me with my hunting. Getting a little old now to be clambering around in the bush in the hope of find an animal. Now I just search for clearings with animals on them. Then I just have to work out how to get to them.

Have just tested this morning after the battery has been on charge all night and the drone powered up immediately again.

I've logged the fault with DJI. I'll order a fly more kit in the comming days.

And I was having so much fun learning how to fly my M2P as well. It's taking me a lot to come to grips with not seeing the drone in flight and having to rely on the map or camera. But today is only day 4, so I have a long ways to go.

Regards

Fred
Don't know where you live but I believe hunting for game with a drone is illegal. I did read you are searching for places game traverse and hope to setup a stand or hide. Just seems unsportsmanlike.

Reactions: Corthan
Update: After sending a request to DJI Support accompanied by thre required proof of purchase and video of the fault it has been esteblished that the battery is faulty.

Although the question was completely off topic. I'll take the time to enlighten those who are interested.

As I am dissabled, I find it hard to get around like I once did. As I'm in New Zealand it isn't illegal to use drones for hunting provided I'm on private land. Drones are illegal to use on DoC/Conservation land. So I can still get out and enjoy my sport for the time being. And I'm thinking about retiring my guns and looking at hunting with a camera instead. And that subject is becoming more and more appealing every day.

Regards

Fred

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun