DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone World?

crazyju

Reactions
Anyone ordered from them? I ordered a charger on 1/14 that said it would ship in 1-3 days. I have sent 3 emails, and left 2 voice messages with no response. Leaving on a trip in a week and a half and getting a little antsy. I understand shipping problems happen, but the lack of communication will have me shopping elsewhere.

Seem to have been a few postings about Drone World on this Forum now (high prices & poor delivery).

Reactions: zzxrox and WAXMAN
Yes. I also thought they were not Superman (faster than a speeding bullet) on the shipping part of the process. Which one are you looking for? I have several that I’m not using.

Probably anything has a failure rate. Hopefully the one from d.w. will work out.

Update. Received shipping notice today......Then a follow up email cancelling the shipping notice, telling me it will ship in a couple of weeks. I told them to cancel my order.

Reactions: Inspirephil
I had Drone World do a "MaxMod" on my Mavic Pro remote. Communications with them has a lot to be desired but I did receive my modified remote in a short time. I never got an opportunity to speak to anyone on the phone. I left plenty of messages and emails but had little communication with them.

If you look on Facebook Drone World has quite a few negative reviews just like yours. A friend of mine told me some horror stories about them and their shady business practices. Such as buying inferior products from Ali Express and remarking/reselling them as their own.
On a personal note I ordered a set of propellers for my M2P and they sent me propellers for the Mavic 1/Platinum and after I got them I asked them and they admitted they weren’t the right ones but told me they would work just fine.
I asked for and received a refund immediately.
So that’s what I know about them! :(

I had Drone World do a "MaxMod" on my Mavic Pro remote. Communications with them has a lot to be desired but I did receive my modified remote in a short time. I never got an opportunity to speak to anyone on the phone. I left plenty of messages and emails but had little communication with them.
That’s status quo!

Did you check inside the remote and see exactly what they did? I heard about some of their “MaxMod’s” and they used inferior products to do that.

WOW! I musta got really lucky... All my dealings with them have been great! I did have a few email exchanges and they mentioned that they were growing a little faster than expected and staffing was an issue they were hoping to solve.

All I know is what my friends that have dealt with them have told me about and that one incident I told you about before.
I am definitely going to stay away from them for the time being.

I'd been trying to get a hold of Drone Wrold since Jan. 8th and nothing, no emails, no phone calls, no response. Finally someone on this forum responded to my complaint and told me they're closed. I know now the store in Yorba Linda is closed. I can't even get on their web site. Somehow, I found what looked to be a new web site for them out of New York, but I was so pissed off at the time, I didn't look deeply in to it. I financed the Spark fly more combo with Bread. I received that order and have been making payments with Bread. Then I ordered a couple of Spark batteries and another charger. That's when I wasn't able to hear from them since I ordered it on Jan. 8, 2019. I called Bread and amazingly, they zeroed out my loan on the batteries so I'm free and clear on the bats. I think they said that Drone World actually worked with them on that, at any rate I'm glad I'm not paying for batteries I never received. I hope and pray, everyone else out here can get compensation, or whatever is needed to clear things up with them. If you financed with anyone to buy from Drone World, I'd call the finance company. I also filled out a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, just for good measure. Maybe if enough people complain you'll get more satisfaction. My fear, is if they actually went bankrupt, you may not get your money, but of course, just cover every base you can on this, and good luck, truly. Marc Mavhawk Trainor.

I heard some other members posting about them closing. Last time I called Drone World was last Sept and did get through but it took several calls.

I'm guessing I am one of the lucky ones. So far my mod has been great.

I heard some other members posting about them closing. Last time I called Drone World was last Sept and did get through but it took several calls.
You know, the funny thing is, I did get a hold of them last year when I had ordered the Spark bundle and I was actually impressed at how nice and helpful they were. They even cancelled one of my spark orders and later on, I decided to order it again and everything went ok. It took 2 or 3 weeks, but the guy told me they had to order it, but I finally got it and had my payment plan with Bread set up. It just seemed at one point, probably at the end of last year, where I couldn't get a hold of them. Marc.

Drone world is closed. Store is cleaned out, and website is down now. Took a lot of people's money, when they knew they were closing shop! Absolutely horrible thing to do.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke