DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Yawing when Gimbal Is Tilted

FlyingFilmmaker

Reactions
Site
flyingfilmmakerpro.com
So... I've been having a very strange issue recently. Sometimes when I use the gimbal tilt wheel to tilt the gimbal up or down, it makes the drone yaw right or left depending on if I tilt the gimbal up or down. It doesn't happen all the time, but it happens often enough that it is very frustrating!! I first noticed it when I flew with a new Freewell CPL filter, but it does the same thing even without the filter. I searched and found one other thread where someone with a similar problem looked at controller teardowns and pegged it on some sort of interplay between the gimbal wheel and yaw stick. Seems very strange... Anyone have ideas?

• Wow
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Yes, while flying the drone. Flying low, high, fast, slow, at home, two hours away...
What mode is the RC in - Tripod / Normal / Sport? Maybe check your settings in the FlyApp as something may have changed. Also, what version of FLY - hopefully not 1.4.2 - as some seem to have issues with that particular update.

It happens in all modes. I've actually tried switching modes when it was doing it, and the speed at which the aircraft yaws when I adjust the gimbal corresponds to yaw speed of the mode I'm in. I'm using the 1.2.1 version of the Fly app. I don't update them very often. ?

It happens in all modes. I've actually tried switching modes when it was doing it, and the speed at which the aircraft yaws when I adjust the gimbal corresponds to yaw speed of the mode I'm in. I'm using the 1.2.1 version of the Fly app. I don't update them very often. ?
Hi mine is now doing the same as described in your posts, did you ever discover a fix and why it happened ?

This might be a bug, and if it is then it is a super strange and rare one.
Try re-installing DJI Fly app and resetting the settings on your drone; that might help.

Hi mine is now doing the same as described in your posts, did you ever discover a fix and why it happened ?
I think it basically went away on its own. I don't remember doing anything specific to fix it. I think I figured out that it had to do with the gimbal wheel interacting with the left stick in the controller. If I remember correctly tapping or flicking the gimbal wheel or left stick a certain way would bring it out of it. Sorry I don't have anything more detailed. It was a while ago, and honestly I'm not sure exactly what I did to fix it.

Reactions: DMB1090R
I think someone once said calibrating the compass or IMU will help that. Both are easy and done in a few minutes. Worth trying.

Reactions: Yaros

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54