DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Zone Altitude request

bburnett15

Reactions
I will be flying a couple (personal) missions in class B airspace where it starts at the surface. It is in the zero grid so LAANC approval isnt possible.

i was previously approved to fly at 250 ft AGL, but couldnt fly due to weather. My question is, could my request be rejected if what i ask for is too high?

I was thinking 300 ft would be better, and since there are buildings in the neighborhood that are close to and over 400 ft , why not go for 400 ft?

do any of you know about or have experience with this ?

I will be flying a couple (personal) missions in class B airspace where it starts at the surface. It is in the zero grid so LAANC approval isnt possible.

i was previously approved to fly at 250 ft AGL, but couldnt fly due to weather. My question is, could my request be rejected if what i ask for is too high?

I was thinking 300 ft would be better, and since there are buildings in the neighborhood that are close to and over 400 ft , why not go for 400 ft?

do any of you know about or have experience with this ?
First of all you’ll need to have a part 107 airman certificate to even apply for approval and second of all you would put in the request through LAANC it will just require manual approval. Generally has to be at least three days in advance to request a manual approval, a request that is higher than what is in the facilities map.

I just did one of these yesterday and requested 250 ft in a zero foot zone. ATC called me above two hours later and explained said they would approve my request if I agreed to call them before the flight and then after the flight.

It really depends on the tower and where you want to fly in relation to the runway path. My advice would be to request what you really actually need. The class B towers are generally better but if you request something reasonable they are more likely to take it seriously and will probably contact you like they did me and at that point you can ask what the max height they would approve. If you ask for the moon they may just ignore it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut