DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dronebase app on smart controller

Atlas94

Reactions
Hey all,

Trying to build my portfolio and DB seems like a good way to wet my beak so to speak.. With that said, it seems they want you to execute missions using their "pilot app." My issue is, I am running a SC, and DB app is not available in Amazon store.

1) Does the flight need to be controlled via DB pilot app?

2) If so, how does one go about getting this app on the SC?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks is advance!

As for your first question, Yes you can only fly their missions using their app.

Here is the reply I received today. Good to know.

"Hi,

if you are unable to fly the mission with our app, please use the DJI GO app. Let us know if you have any additional questions let us know.
Best,
Cherish Washington | Operations
DroneBase | Santa Monica, CA"

Reactions: BobC
Thanks,

Interesting, and good to know.
Maybe I worded my question wrong when I asked.

This was my message (and reply):
??‍♂️

Jennifer Della (Pilots)
Oct 28, 3:48 PM PDT

No.
Best,
Jennifer Della
DroneBase | Operations
www.DroneBase.com

Oct 27, 8:01 PM PDT
I am currently flying a Mavic 2 Pro with DJI Smart Controller. With it being necessary to shoot using the DroneBase app, Is it possible to fly missions using the Smart Controller at this time?

The drone base app often does not load or crashes when it is called for on site. I always have used my DJI app to complete the mission with no problems. If possible make sure you check in on the Drone Base app and check out when you are done. That seems to be what they are concerned about. I often use my iPad Air 4 for these missions that has no Wi-Fi. Maybe that’s where the problem lies. However there are useful flight modes such as point of interest on the DJI app that Drone base does not have. Using DJI tools makes it easier to get what you want. That being said, just get a standard controller for Drone Base missions.