DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dronebase question

wkang87

Reactions
Anyone who's been hired by dronebase? I'm taking my part 107 test soon. But was wondering how they work and if they have constant jobs available. Also, around how much do you make per job/mission?
Any tips and help would be greatly apprecaited =)

I think it totally depends on where you live and ho1 many hail storms have happened. Been on DB for 4 months and have had 2 jobs. Both were in challenging areas. It's not making me money by any stretch, ...but it is kind of fun to make any money at all

Reactions: Madmax229
I've been on there for a month. Had 2 jobs available the first week that I passed on. Nothing since then. I skipped out on the insurance part of it. The training was so mind-numbingly boring.

It totally depends on your local market as to how many jobs are available and also how many competitor pilots are in/around your area. I see probably 5-10 open up a day but most of them are well outside of where I'm willing to travel and FEW of them pay even 1/2 what I need to make to stay in business.

Reactions: Madmax229
I declined a $60.00 dollar job in SC because I was busy elsewhere.

I would have done it just to see how they work, but I don't believe that you will get rich working for them.

I would use them to build experience, much like I did in the 60s to build time so that I could hire on with an airline.

It totally depends on your local market as to how many jobs are available and also how many competitor pilots are in/around your area. I see probably 5-10 open up a day but most of them are well outside of where I'm willing to travel and FEW of them pay even 1/2 what I need to make to stay in business.
5-10 per day? I'm in Austin, TX and the 2 that I've done were pretty much the ONLY ones that showed up, never mind accepting them or not.

5-10 per day? I'm in Austin, TX and the 2 that I've done were pretty much the ONLY ones that showed up, never mind accepting them or not.

I went back and looked over the last couple of days and that # above is from DroneBase and from another similar company. Sorry about the over statement.

I declined a $60.00 dollar job in SC because I was busy elsewhere.

I would have done it just to see how they work, but I don't believe that you will get rich working for them.

I would use them to build experience, much like I did in the 60s to build time so that I could hire on with an airline.
Calculating travel time, flying time, editing the shot, returning the end product to the customer, $60 may have been on the cheap side, I can why you passed on it.

Anyone who's been hired by dronebase? I'm taking my part 107 test soon. But was wondering how they work and if they have constant jobs available. Also, around how much do you make per job/mission?
Any tips and help would be greatly apprecaited =)
I can't see where you can make a (descent) living at it. It might make a good hobby with the right contacts.

Calculating travel time, flying time, editing the shot, returning the end product to the customer, $60 may have been on the cheap side, I can why you passed on it.

I had a quick look at their website, no editing, no dealing with clients.
You just shoot and upload 'assets' to Dronebase to do the rest, inc billing etc.

If $60 was for the basic level one 360 pano, and it was close, it could be a bit of fun I guess, but no, it won't make you rich.
Probably a decent business for Dronebase though if it takes off Worldwide . . . they get all these packages coming though, their people there could edit pretty quick I imagine, send it on and collect revenue.

Might be like Uber too over time, where I read about drivers now getting a lot less than what they did when it first came in here.

I had a quick look at their website, no editing, no dealing with clients.
You just shoot and upload 'assets' to Dronebase to do the rest, inc billing etc.

If $60 was for the basic level one 360 pano, and it was close, it could be a bit of fun I guess, but no, it won't make you rich.
Probably a decent business for Dronebase though if it takes off Worldwide . . . they get all these packages coming though, their people there could edit pretty quick I imagine, send it on and collect revenue.

Might be like Uber too over time, where I read about drivers now getting a lot less than what they did when it first came in here.
Now that I have all the information, $60 might have been worth the time. Thank you for the quick comeback.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I have been a pilot for Dronebase for 3 years. They have stopped sending me missions . After doing over 100, that includes back when you did the ones that if sold you got paid, if not you got the loss. Anyone else having this issue. Last mission was May 25th.
I guess they are still in business.....???

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143